Silver SFYTT

Have you seen Jen's SFYTT!!! Of course you have, I just showed you..lol!! I love it. Color blocking is one of my favorites for a few reasons. I love the look of it and you get to use up scraps. I choose to use my brown polka dot scraps.
I've been on a bit of a holiday card kick. I'm still not sure how many I'm going to need and I hate to wait until the last minute. Since this is my first christmas making cards I want to be prepared!! I'm so not a procrastinator and I hate throwing cards together at the last minute. I skimp on the details when I'm in a hurry and for me the details is what really makes a card. The Verve challenge must seriously be on my brain because I used wet and dry embossing on this card. I really love this tree from Snow Swirled embossed in silver. I first tried it for my Holiday Card Class Kit. I cased the idea from Patti Chesky's card seen {HERE}. I loved this layout and the shimmer on the card.
I used my snowflake cuttlebug folder to emboss the Real Red layers. The tedious part was cutting out the two snowflake but I'm pleased with the results. I added some brads because they are my new addiction and voila. One more christmas card done!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Snow Swirled, Short and Sweet
Ink: Real Red, Versamark
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Polka Dots (my mind's eye)
Accesories: Word Window Punch, Brads, Silver EP, Heat Tool, Snowflake CB folder

5 comments:

Bev said...

Oh my word!! This is stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

beautifully done..luv the tree...Josie

Anonymous said...

beautifully done..luv the tree...Josie

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Beautiful, Maria! I *need* to buy this stamp set!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

LuLu said...

WOW, wow and wow. Love everything about this card.