Vintage Verve Challenge

Those have to be three of my favorite words!!! I'm a challenge junkie, a Verve addict and I love all things Vintage. The OCC is hosting this special challenge, issued by Julee Tilman (owner Verve stamps), and I couldn't resist. This technique is one I have admired on Julee's cards for awhile. I was waiting for her turn on the meet the verve diva's challenge to pick her brain on this. You use two or three shades of ink in the same color to shade the edges. You can get all the details on it {HERE}.
I knew I wanted to use Serenity because I love this stamp in Chocolate Chip and wanted to use my three browns (Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip). Once I shaded everything I decided to use the Cracked Glass technique too. It just says vintage to me!!! While I really like the way it turned out it's a bit harder to see the shading I did.
Detail Shot:Do you like the ribbon?? Yep, I got more!!!
I decided to make this a christmas card since I had ton's of this SU designer paper Ski Slope laying on my desk. I cut everything for my Holiday Card Class this weekend and had a few leftovers. I really like this layout!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Serenity (verve), Snow Swirled (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Ski Slope dp
Accesories: Brown Gingham Ribbon, Brads, Glassy Glaze Enamel, Heat Tool

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh! This is absolutely lovely!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, this is lovely! I love the cracked glass, and the gingham is just perfect with this! Awesome card, Maria!

toners said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this card!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty, great image.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous! Love the shading and the cracked glass takes it over the top! Awesome colour choices and the ribbon is perfect!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Maria, this is probably my most favorite-ist card you've done! The brown gingham ribbon and the shading, and the cracked glass all together created the most gorgeous Christmas card. I'm CASEing this one!!! Beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I adore this, Maria! I originally went with cracked glass on this same image for my sample, but I cracked a little too vigorously and a couple huge chunks of my glass came off my image. Yours looks beautiful! Thanks for playing along. :)