The Biggest Challenge Yet

Wow, I almost missed this weeks recipe challenge. With me and (eventually) all three kiddo's getting the flu I wasn't overly productive in my craft room. I only managed to post last week because I had projects finished before I got sick. This weeks challenge was a tough one and so I kept putting it off, then I almost forgot to email it. UGHHHHH!
Here are the ingredients:
*Stamping
*Flowers
*2 Pictures
Yeah, 2 pictures!!!! I was stumped. I was going to make a card with two pics of my kiddos but never made it to digging through my box of unscrapbooked pics (I'm way behind). I finally decided to make my stamped flowers the "picture". I used my favorite Stampendous flowers and stamped them twice on kraft cardstock. I cropped them the same size and then colored them with my copics. The flowers in one are colored the exact opposite of the other. I inked the edges of the kraft and the dp and mounted them direct on my cardstock base. I can't remember the last time I made a card with this few layers but I still like the way it turned out. It's so much lighter than the usual 8 layer cards..hehe!
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Flowers in Bloom (stampendous), Short and Sweet (su)
Paper: So Saffron, Kraft, My Minds Eye
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Copics
Accesories: Brads

2 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

It is so hard for me not to have several layers, but I LOVE the crisp clean look of cards made with only a couple.... I just can't seem to accomplish it myself. Your card is fabulous, Maria. The blocking adds so much interest and your images are wonderful. A perfect example of less is more. Glad that you are feeling better.

Courtney said...

Oh girl. I don't know how you get things done with your household so crazy. BUT you have and it's great! xoxo