Channeling....

.....Julia Stainton! I'm such a huge fan of her style!! So shabby, so chic, so yummy!!! I got this new french script background on sale at hobby lobby and couldn't wait to get it inky. I also saw a card the other day were Julia attached a clear transperancy she stamped with a staple (sorry I couldn't find the card). I loved the idea and knew I wanted to try it with my Verve butterfly from Fluttering By. Since the only color of stazon ink I have is black my options were limited (poor me I know, I knew you'd understand) I cut it out and stapled it in the center to the kraft layer. I added some flowers and matted my sentiment from Birthday Surprise to a postage stamp I cut in my cuttlebug. I'm really happy with the way this came together. I've tried to mimic her style before with no luck, it just never felt like me. This card was a perfect blend of her style and mine, I love it!!!!!!!
Detail shot:Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: French Scripct Background (stampabilities), Fluttering By (verve), Birthday Surprise (verve), postage stamp
Paper: Kraft, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, Clear Transperancy
Ink: Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Close to Cocoa
Accesories: flowers, pearls, staples, lace punch, postage stamp die

3 comments:

Lorie said...

VERY pretty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! What a neat design idea!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

You nailed it, Maria! This is gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com