Jumbo Pink Flowers

Have you seen this weeks From Courtney's Closet Challenge??? OMG, that dress is adorable and Libby's card is fantastic!! I was inspired immediately. I knew right away I wanted to use the big flower from my Verve set Abundant Blessings to mimic the pattern on the dress. I choose Pink Piroutte and Pretty in Pink for this card. I randomly stamped the flower in Basic Black and I love the simple outlines. I also couldn't resist inking my newest Plain Jane from Verve. I stamped it in Basic Black on Pretty in Pink and used my nesties to cut and emboss it (the embossing is a little hard to see on this one).
I tried to mimic the bow on the dress but the ribbon won...lol!! I just couldn't get it to look right so I went with a simple tailored bow and added a black button in the center.
I really wanted to add some shimmer to the card so I added a silver dot of Stickles to the center of the big flowers (look close, it's there). Thanks for stopping by!!
Recipe:
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black
Accesories: Silver Stickles, Pink Ribbon, Button, Black Floss, Rectangle Nestablities, Brads

4 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous, Maria!! I love it!

Bev said...

Oh Maria this is just exquisite hunny - love pink and black together, it's so classy!! Such gorgeous stamps and a beautiful sentiment.

big hugs
Bev x

Courtney said...

Oh girl, this is the BEST!

Libby Hickson said...

I love this Maria! That Verve flower is awesome, and even if the bow isn't what you originally intended, I just LOVE how it turned out with the button! Thanks for playing!!