Little Boy Blue

I got the idea for this card from the Unfrogettable gallery at Splitcoast. You can see the inspiration card {HERE}. An aunt of mine wanted me to make a miscellaneous card kit of about 20 cards to have on hand. I whipped out most pretty quick until I got to the masculine cards. I'm still not very good at masculine cards. I knew I wanted to use Unfrogettable to make a little boy card and went in search of a good idea. This color blocking with the images was so cute and super easy. I changed the colors from the inspiration card to fit a little boy. I went with Basic Grey, Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Ballet Blue. I only used scrap pieces to make all the squares. I used my Creative Memories square punch to get them all the same size. I inked all the edges in Close to Cocoa and added the stitching with my SU Basic Black marker. The sentiment was stamped on Brocade Blue and cut out with my Wide Oval Punch. Super easy, I can't wait to try this with some other stamp sets too!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Unfrogettable (su)
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa
Paper: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey, Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze, Ballet Blue
Accesories: CM Square Punch, Wide Oval Punch, CM Cutting System

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Masculine cards are the HARDEST! I think you did wonderfully on this. I love the card. It's sure to be loved by the recipient!

LuLu said...

WOW love this card and all the images you have chosen. My son would love to receive this card.

~Nancy~ said...

Such a cute and perfect card! The squares are awesome.. love love love it! XOXO

toners said...

Oooh! What a great layout! Love the colors too :) I can see you're a fellow fan of blue :)

PaperAddictJenn said...

I love it! I have a hard time stamping "outside the box" but I love the way it looks when other people do it. Can you send me Libby's mailing address? She joked on her latest RAK post that if we wanted to send her a RAK to contact one of yall that already sent her one.

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute idea, Maria! A perfectly boyish card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute idea, Maria! A perfectly boyish card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute idea, Maria! A perfectly boyish card!