My Daily December Album

I am a huge fan of Michelle Wooderson, (her style just makes me ooh and ahh) so when she posted her Daily December Album, seen {HERE}, I was immediately hooked. I had to make one too!!!

So what is a Daily December Album??? It's a 25 page album for photos and journaling the first 25 days of December. Sort of a count down to christmas album. You keep track of all the little things you do everyday, it may be decorating the tree, making christmas cookies, or running to the grocery store, whatever, you put it all in. I'm hoping to add some of the kids holiday projects from school and maybe even santa letters.

I also drew inspiration for this album from:

Ali Edwards (she has a two part tutorial on making this album)
Ronda Palazarri (her album is not a daily december but I LOVE her style)

Want to see mine????
I love the shabby, worn feel of this album!!!
I took a close up shot of the front cover to show you the chipboard. It is for the Created by Courtney challenge this week to use chipboard on your project. I covered mine with red gingham paper and sanded the edges.
I started numbering my pages and then stopped. I decided to number them as I go in case one day needs a lot of room and one not so much. This way it's easy to switch the pages around.
Yes, I stuck my hand in this shot for a reason...lol!! It's to show you that I used a transperancy for this page. I attached the dp on the front and back side with double stick tape. the line paper is the page before. I attached the arrow (su arrow punch) and it worked out perfect to point to the next pages mat (this was a happy accident :)
I'm not posting a recipe for this project, (there is too much to list), so if you have any questions on what anything is please feel free to email me.
Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

This is just too much for my little brain to take in this early in the morning! LOL! LOVE THIS, you've been a busy littl bee, sick and all!

Lorie said...

This is just super fantastic! Lots of work I'm sure but it will be a keepsake for sure!

LuLu said...

WOW - this is stunning and love the idea of a countdown to Christmas.

Thanks for linking to the tutorials as well.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful job, Maria! I love all the little details you added! This will surely become a treasured keepsake!

Jen Tapler said...

This is fantastic Maria!! I just might have to do this myself!! What a great idea - thanks for sharing!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Wow Maria! This is fantastic! I WISH I had half your talent girl! I would love to make one of these books but I know I do not have time this year. :( Boo! Hehe! Anyway, I will just look at yours and pretend I made my own! :D

((hugs))

toners said...

OMGosh! This is absolutely gorgeous! Wow!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Wow, Maria! I'm in love with this shabby book!! I'm with you...I love Michelle Wooderson's style! To me, the shabbier, the better!! I have it in my mind to make one of these for my new grandbaby, just haven't started yet. You're an inspiration!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

stampmonkey said...

I saw Michelle's and Pine's and thought it looked like a really great project, but I knew that it wasn't gonna happen for me this year. I need more time than just a few weeks (too far behind on everything else to fit that in). Yours is VERY cute, and I'm sooo impressed at how quickly you got this made!

Anonymous said...

Super cute, your album is a winner!