Verve Day 2

This was such a fun Verve project to make!! I found this ornament with this plastic red ribbon on it at Dollar General. I loved the sparkle of it right away.
It was super easy to alter, the ribbon just pulled right off. It was only attached with a few dobs of hot glue and they scrapped right off. I did have to take the bottom off (the light box center) to be able to attach the brads through the box. I just used my paper piercer to make the holes and it went right through. The sides are stamped in Versamark ink with the single snowflakes from Snowflake Splendor. I added Heat and Stick Powder and glitter for an oh so pretty shine!!! (there is a close up pic below). I had intended to stamp the front on vellum to but was having a hard time not smearing the ink. I dug through my old cardstock and found this (thin) white cardstock that you could still see through when the light was one (SU's whisper white was too thick). I stamped the snowflake blocks along the top and bottom in baja breeze ink and centered the sentiment and stamped it in Basic Black. It looked a little bare so I stamped the little star on each side in baja breeze and added a brad to the center of each! I inked all the edges in black and attached the paper and vellum with a little adhesive (I didn't use to much because I didn't want to see it when it was lit) and the brads. The backside is bare.
Now I had the top to do!! Before I reattached the light box I used my paper piercer to make holes in the top to thread the silver cord through. I tied knots on the underneath side to keep it in place. I then reattached the light box with some E6000 glue. Next, I added the polka dot ribbon along the sides and attached it to the bottom of the box. Then, I glued on the primas and tied the same ribbon through a white button and added it to the center of the primas. That's it!! This project only took about 20 minutes and that includes deciding which stamps, colors and accesories to use. I really need to hit up the dollar store for more as these would make wonderful holiday gifts!!!

Hope you loved this project, thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:

Stamps: Snowflake Splendor (Verve)

Paper: White Cardstock (Colorbok), Vellum (SU)

Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Black (SU)

Accessories: Ornament (dollar store), Black and Blue Flowers (Prima), Silver Cord (SU), Silver brads, button, heat tool, heat and stick powder (SU), Glitter (SU), black swiss dot ribbon

5 comments:

Oma said...

From tacky to elegant! Wow! You did a fantastic job!

Lorie said...

I do love this project! Very pretty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome project, Maria! I love how it looks lit up!

toners said...

OMGosh! This ROCKS!! Beautiful job!

Hey, there's a little something over on my blog for you :)

Courtney said...

Oh! Off to the dollar general! TFS!!!