Watercolored Flowers

Yeah I got to Beate's Weekend Sketch!!! It looked like a fun one and I had the perfect idea in mind. It's been a while since I watercolored and I wanted to play with this technique again. I know I've been using these flowers alot lately but they've really grown on me again. Plus, I've never watercolored them so I gave it a shot. I used my SU markers and my aquapainter for the job. It really was a lot of fun except that I woke up with a crick in my neck and hunching over the table while I colored this only made it worse....grrrr. The things we do for art?!?!
Everything else is pretty straight forward and all my usuals are there, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, whoa, where's the gingham??? I liked the sheer better this time so you got a break (a little break). Thanks for stopping by!!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Field Of Blooms (stampendous), Best Yet (su)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Watercolor Paper, Daisy D's decorative paper
Ink: Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Bravo Burgandy, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Really Rust
Accesories: Aquapainter, Gold Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch

7 comments:

Courtney said...

What???? NO gingham? Holy Cow!

Love it anyway! :)

Libby Hickson said...

Very pretty Maria!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Maria! I LOVE that stamp! You did such a fantastic job! :D

((hugs))

P.S. I loved the comment you left me about using my Christmas gifts early! Hehehe...I just can't not use them though! They are too fantastic! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Simply adorable, Maria! I love the piercing around the one corner!

Jacinta said...

What a lovely card! Very pretty.

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Maria, your watercoloring is beautiful! I love the shading you did!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love the warmth of the colours and papers and the gold ribbon is perfect!