Where Oh Where Have The Layers Gone????

Maybe I bumped my head or I'm still a bit out of it from the flu but I'm really having a great time making cards with less layers! And white space??? Yeah I must still be sick. I haven't reached for my Whisper White card stock since I bought my Very Vanilla paper. Why today, I don't know. I was going to leave it completely white and then chickened out before I attached the flowers. I stamped the Weathered background in Close to Cocoa and am glad I did. I love this card. Even my hubby picked it as the fave of the five I made today. It's just so cozy. I used the new Verve releases Poinsettia Christmas and Snowflake Splendor. I stamped the flower three times on Bravo Burgandy. I cut one of the flowers out and popped it up in the middle for dimension. It's been awhile since I rounded any corners so I decided to round the bottoms of the base and the burgandy. I tied the brown gingham ribbon around the card and tied a button in the center with my tan floss.
Maybe I'll get back to some layers soon...maybe not???? :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Poinsettia Christmas (verve), Snowflake Splendor (verve), Weathered (su)
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Whisper White, Bravo Burgandy
Accessories: Brown Gingham Ribbon, Tan floss, pearls, button

11 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

This is GORGEOUS maria!!!

Courtney said...

Oh, girl. I'm lovin' this!!

Michelle Cooney said...

I love love love this card! Especially with the weathered background! I haven't ever thought I would want that background stamp but thanks to this card I want it now!! :) Thanks for sharing!

maria fiscella said...

This rocks, Maria! You know I love your layered cards, but WOW I really like this one!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria i love this,great corners. TFS.

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! I'm lovin' this weathered background!! I don't use mine nearly enough. You pulled off the perfect look for this Christmas card! I love it!!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

simply fabulous and shabby-its perfect!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Love it! Love the shabby, primitive look of it, and of course... THE GINGHAM!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is just sweet perfection. Simply wonderful.

Rhonda Kelly said...

I love this card! It looks so simple and just plain sweet! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie Pedro said...

This card just rocks, Maria! Love every inch of it...