An Anti-Christmas Christmas Card

I just couldn't do it. I couldn't make one more "traditional" christmas card. I reached for the red and green but I just wasn't feeling it. Kind of sad but that's almost how the season can feel anymore. Everything starts so early that by the time it gets here you're ready to move on.
Anyway, I did use a christmas stamp for this card, I just made a pretty bold color choice for me (Pacific Point and YoYo Yellow). This card is for my god-daughter and I wanted it to be fun and funky!!I stamped the poinsettia's from Verve's Poinsettia Christmas on this Daisy D's dp. I cut them out and sewed them onto the card with black embroidery floss. I started out following Julee's Mojo sketch and it went a little astray. Not to bad :)
The sentiment is from Ornamental Christmas (I used this set a lot). The sentiments are great for the ornaments or just to add on a card and there are lots to choose from!!
Want to see what's inside??
I followed Gina K's directions for making this card. Anyone notice what's wrong with this picture. Two things!!
1. I don't speak spanish
2. Even though I don't speak spanish I do know Feliz Cumpleanos means Happy Birthday.
This is what happens when the kids throw a fit in Kohls and I trust my hubby to get the gift card :)
Oh well, at least it spends the same.
Thanks for stopping by!!
ETA: There is a really great blog candy {HERE} make sure you stop by and check it out!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Poinsettia Christmas, Ornamental Christmas (verve)
Paper: Pacific Point, YoYo Yellow, Striped DP (daisy d's), Ledger DP (making memories)
Ink: Basic Black
Accesories: Word Window Punch, Brad, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Buttons, Black Embroidery Floss, Scalloped Rectangle Nestablilities

5 comments:

Lorie said...

That is a great card! I'm ready to move onto things more upbeat and not red/green too! Funny about the gift card! She won't care...spends the same that is for sure! Merry Christmas Maria!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So funnhy he got that gift card! Love the fun colors and papers, Maria. Thanks for playing! :)

Allison said...

This is so pretty...love the piecing on the flowers! Good for you for not making a tradition card for Christmas!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Ohhh, I can relate to kids throwing a fit in the store...and not realizing what you've ended up with in your cart. LOL!

I love these Daisy D papers!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I'm with you, Maria! Ready to move on! After I get off work today, I don't come back until Tuesday and I can't wait to start working on regular stamping projects again! :)

Have a Merry Christmas!