Gingerbread Gift Set

Michele at Purple Onion is having a gift wrap challenge and since my new stamps just arrived I had to play. I am absolutely in love with this gift set!! It's going to be really hard to give this one away..lol! The thing I love most about Purple Onion is they have great vintage stamps and that was the direction I went with this set. I've also been checking out Tim Holtz's 12 tags of christmas (have you seen these, they are AMAZING) and really wanted to try out some of his distressing techniques. All three items were stamped with the same stamps.
I started with More Mustard cardstock and stamped the Art Nouveau Corner in Chocolate Chip Ink and then Rouge Et Noir Music Clip in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I crumpled up the paper and then smoothed it out. I rubbed and pounced it with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The edges were inked with the Vintage Photo ink too. The Celebrate The Season Noteblock was stamped in Basic Black.
The ribbon of course is gingham. Isn't it oh so cute!!! I machine stitched along the edges of the card and the bag to keep the paper down (since I crumpled it it didn't want to stay in place. The topper of the candle was attached with red sticky tape.
I was just going to make the candle and then things snowballed a little :) The candle is gingerbread too which is so perfect!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Celebrate The Season Noteblock, Rouge Et Noir Music Clip, Art Nouveau Corner (purple onion), Ornamental Christmas (verve)
Paper: More Mustard, Close To Cocoa, Wild Wasabi dp
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Accesories: Brown Gingham Ribbon, Black Floss, Buttons, Chipboard Heart (su), Machine Stitching, CM Cutting System

7 comments:

Michele said...

What a beautiful gift set! I wouldn't of thought to use the Noteblock over all those vintage images. Great idea!

Thanks for playing along!!

Laura Davis said...

Darling,darling,darling! What a great gift!
Laura

Lablady2007 said...

Wow...talk about love at first sight.this set made it to thetop of my list.
lablady2007@juno.com

Julie said...

This is gorgeous just love the way you have used the stamps. Thanks for plaing along with the challenge.

Courtney said...

oooOOOoOoOoOooOOOOO... this is just fantastic! I love the gingham, too~ :)

toners said...

OMGosh! This is such a great project! You did a terrific job!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Gorgeous set, Maria!! You always do such a geat job!! This is just beautiful.
Hugs,
Anne Marie