Last Week's SFYTT

I'm behind again on all my favorite challenges. I don't feel to bad though, I just checked out Jen's site and even she missed her own challenge, lol, so I guess it's just been crazy for us all. I'm ready for the new year and a chance to get back into a more normal routine again.
This card is for last weeks SFYTT. This card was one that came to me in my sleep and I actually remembered it when I woke up. I really should keep a notebook by my bed to catch all those ideas that usually slip away by morning. I love the three Verve butterflies in the bottom corner. The biggest one is attached with a staple (my new favorite way to add this butterfly to my cards). They were all stamped on decorative paper and cut out. I stamped the flowers from Floral Whimsy in So Saffron on the background polka dot paper. I was going to add the dark blue paper for the top panel but it covered to much of the flowers so I made the layer vellum. I like the way it looks, especially with the stitching!!
I used one of my new favorite embellishments for this card...embroidery floss!! I love it. I use it to sew on buttons, to attach them to my ribbon and for this card I wrapped it around like ribbon and tied a bow. I love that it is flatter than ribbon, you still get a cute look but don't have to pay the extra shipping because it doesn't bump as much. I bought a huge package for $14.99 at Michaels the other day. I spent one whole day re-wrapping them around these plastic thingies so they would fit in this plastic case. Look how pretty it is!!I love this rainbow of colors and couldn't wait to try out the fun colors on this card. The yellow was really a bright color choice for me but I like it with the baja breeze color.
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Fluttering By, Floral Whimsy, Birthday Surprise (verve)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Baja Breeze, Summer Sun, Vellum, Polka Dots and Floral dp (my mind's eye)
Accesories: Yellow Embroidery Floss, Buttons, Circle Punches, Machine Stitching, Staple

3 comments:

ClePatB said...

I adore this card - and how you've used the embroidery floss. Gee, I never thought of that, but I LOVE the idea!

Courtney said...

This is great, girl... and you did it in your sleep, too! Wow! LOL!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, LOVE the vellum panel! You may have just inspired me to use vellum again for the first time in ages! Awesome, cute card, Maria!