CBC Challenge Inspiration Station

Yes, I'm a New Kids On The Block fan!! I was one of the screaming little girls at there concert when I was young. I was also a screaming girl at their concert a few months ago..lol!! I won tickets from the radio ( I listened all day just to be caller nine :) I drug my hubby along and he didn't complain..much!
This weeks Created By Courtney Challenge is an inspiration challenge. You have to make a card based on the CD cover of the album you listen to while your crafting. Most of the time I'm listening to their new album which is pretty good. I really loved the layout on the cover and thought this would be a fun card.
WRONG!!! This was a super tough layout!! The first attempt I made I also tried to to follow the colors of the CD and that was a big mistake. I don't like these colors together and it was really bad. I was going to show you attempt one and then chickened out. Trust me it was bad. I also tried using silohette stamps to mimic their black shirts. Another mistake.
Here is attempt two!

I'm still not totally in love with it but it's miles better than the first one. I asked my hubby what he thought of card one, his response, "Well, it's not a bad card.....". When I showed him this one he was relieved because he said the last card was really bad!! See I told you :)
I stamped my favorite Stampendous flowers on Kraft cardstock twice side by side. I colored them with my copics then cut them in strips. I staggered the strips to resemble the way the hunky new kids are on the cover.
I don't think I'll try this layout again but if anyone else gives it a whirl let me know, I'm dying to see!!! Make sure you go check out the other chicks creations!!
Chris Dickinson
Danielle Marcus
Holly Brown
Lorie Ames
Maria Fiscella
Sarah Anderson
Sparkle Smith
and say an extra special hello to another new chick Kim Gruetzmacher!!
Thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Field Of Blooms (stampendous)
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Night Of Navy
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Copics
Accesories: Word Window Punch, Brads, Brown Gingham Ribbon

12 comments:

Chrissy D said...

We have to love the honesty of our hubby's, hey? My man didn't like mine either, so I told him to pick me a new cd case and I would make a new one today...but alas it is on my blog! Your card is cool! I like the panels...

Holly said...

What a cool technique! Love the up and down of the panels, and the sweet gingham ribbon on the side. I'm already thinking of how I can use this see-saw panel effect. :-)

Kim said...

Maria thank you so very much for the warm welcome! I am very excited to be a part of the chickie group! Your card turned out beautiful! I love what you did with it...it mimics your CD cover awesome! LOVE NKOTB too! What a huge screaming fan in my younger days!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Dani said...

Ahhh, the good ol' days! I loved NKOTB, it was the first cassette tape I bought all by myself! I had the music videos VHS too!

Your card looks great, I love the panels! :)

Sparkle said...

What a great card! I use to be a big fan too! :)

maria fiscella said...

Oh, Maria! Keep hangin' tough! LOL :)

Bethany Paull said...

You're cracking me up describing "attempt one". But attempt two turned out quite nice. TFS.

Courtney said...

Oh, this is too cute! I love the layout, it is nice. I wanna see card no.1!

I'm with Maria, keep hangin' tough! hahahhahahah~

Robyn said...

I thought your card was cute when I saw it in the SCS gallery- But it makes perfect sense when you see the album cover! Thanks for making me smile today with your attempt 1 story !! Ahhh husbands...what we do without them???

Tammy Hershberger said...

Too cute! I love how you cut the flowers into strips! (And hey, look at me... completely caught up on your posts for a change!)

Bev said...

Don't you just hate it when they are honest and right lol. Love this one Maria, the colours are fab

hugs Bev x

Jenny said...

You are soo cute!! You were not the only girl yelling at their concert!!! I was there too, yelling!! You are wrong about it being a challenge for you. I love it!!!