Color Throwdown Valentine

Pink Passion is not a color I use often...okay ever!!! I think I still have every piece that came in the package I bought when I started stamping. I don't usually use bright colors all the often, I just can't make them work for me.
Until NOW!!! I'm starting to figure out how to make things that arent me (i.e. pink passion), work with my style (i.e. gingham and kraft).
This card is for this weeks Color Throwdown Challenge, Pink Passion, Black and Kraft. Of course these colors made me think Valentines and again I reached for my new Verve stamps. I used Sweet Valentine which is a mini set for only $9.00!!! A total steal for the great stamps that come in this set. I colored the hearts with my copics and cut them out and attached them over the small hearts that come with the sentiment stamp because I goofed when I was coloring them :)
The ribbon has been in my stash for-ev-ver and I've never used it but it was the perfect color for this card. I love the jumbo bow, not sure how well it will fit in an envelope but oh well!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet Valentine (verve)
Paper: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Kraft, Black Gingham (the paper studio)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), copics, Chocolate Chip
Accesories: Labels One Nesties, Paper Piercer, Machine Stitching, Pink Polka Dot Ribbon, Black Embroidery Floss, Button

15 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

I instantly fell in love with the jumbo hot pink bow! Hand deliver it.

Stephanie Hargis said...

Maria! This is just fantastic! I have to say that this is my favorite yet! You did such an amazing job! I love everything about this card...the fabulous ribbon, the sponging, the color combo...EVERYTHING! :D

Sparkle said...

This is darling! I love the bright pink!

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous card! I'd say you made it work! I love the big bow, the gingham paper, the hearts, EVERYTHING! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next week!

LeAnne said...

What a sweet card! I love this little set; the sentiment is just so "happy"! Thanks for playing and challenging yourself to use that PP! It turned out to be a wonderful creation!
LeAnne

broni (waterchild12) said...

You'd never know you didn't LOVE pink passion because you showcased it so beautifully. It's the stand-out color that grabs you and says "Look at me!!". This is a wonderful card!!! And I LOVE that bow!

maria fiscella said...

This card is a keeper! Put it on a shelf in your stamp room and keep it for inspiration because it's absolutely perfect. Love it!

Cathy Indelicato said...

Wow! I really like this - that ribbon is awesome!!

Heather P. said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! You DEFINITELY have this one workin'!!! it is gorgeous! I would never have put those colors together, but I cannot think of anything so pretty! I love it!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Tammy Hershberger said...

Maria, this is REALLY adorable! LOVE the black gingham background, and LOVE that big, gorgeous bow! Awesome card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

LeAnne said...

Congrats on being our featured stamper!
LeAnne

Cathy Indelicato said...

Congrats Maria - this one was my favorite too!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Congrats on being the featured stamper!!! You totally deserve it!! Hope you are well....
-t

dpkennedy said...

Your card is wonderful! Congrats on the Featured Stamper-you deserve it! So glad you played the CTD!