Real Red Polka Dot Chick

I'm on a roll here lately!! I've been whipping through challenge cards like crazy. I love when your mojo is working :)

For this card I combined two challenges. The Color Throwdown and Laura's sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You.

This weeks Color Throwdown brought mixed feelings. The colors (brocade blue, real red, and basic black) are so ME!! I love this combo, I use it a lot!! But I was a little apprehensive playing again. After being the featured stamper last week I put a lot of added pressure on myself to make this one great. It took a little longer than usual (to much second guessing) but I'm so happy with the way it turned out.I really love the 2 Sketches 4 You challenges. They start me in the right direction but I don't ever feel tied to the sketch. Some sketch challenges box me in and I take them really literal. I always feel like I have creative freedom with Kazan and Laura's sketches..so thanks ladies. I'm truly inspired :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Chick (Imaginesce For Peeps Sake Collection), Flower Chat (stampendous)
Paper: Bordering Blue, Real Red, Basic Black, White, Not Quite Navy DP
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Night Of Navy
Accesories: Red Gingham Ribbon, Button (su), Black Embroidery Floss, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Labels One Nesties, Red Brads, Jeweled Brad (su)

27 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my, the pressure! Everything you create just rocks, Maria! No worries! This is adorable! And of course, it's GLG!!! (That's our new code for "Gotta' Love Gingham!")

LeAnne said...

Oh! Are we "GLG"ing now? I think this is adorable--and I do love that gingham ribbon--I will have to go check out the sketch!
Thanks for playing again!
LeAnne

~dawne said...

Isn't this bird the cutest & I love how you made him all polka-dotty!! Great take on the sketch & the rest of your creations are just as beautiful.

Barbara said...

Oh, how perfectly sweet!!!! LOL at Tammy and GLG!! Great card, Maria, as usual! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next week!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Maria, this is so sweet. I love the birdie!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie

Cathy Indelicato said...

I love it!!!! Great job - thanks for playing!

broni (waterchild12) said...

Ack! What an adorable card! You nailed it again, Maria!! I love how you used Laura's sketch too! I agree with you....I love their sketches!

Caryl P said...

I love your cards so much Maria. I was tagged and I am tagging you because I want to know what make you tick. :-) You have to list 7 random things about you on your blog and then tag 7 other people to list 7 things by leaving them a message letting them know that they've been tagged. Can't wait to see...

maddy hill said...

i love your card ! the birdie is fab and i love all the colours !

Laura Davis said...

OMG this is so cute!! LOVE it! Thanks for playing:)
Laura

Riet said...

wowww,wowwwww o Maria what a beautiful cards.
heel erg mooi.

hugs Riet.xx

rae said...

♥love♥ the polka dot chick, such a darling card!! Fabulous take on Laura's sketch!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh how cute! I was thinking this polka dot chick would be a great get well card for someone with the chickenpox! Great card! Thanks for playing the CTD!

Bev said...

Love love love this card Maria, it's fantstic.

hugs Bev x

Lea L. said...

Loving that cute little birdie, and the swiss dots embossed background! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Heidi Van Laar said...

Totally adorable! Love that spotty bird!

Jenny said...

LOVE it Maria!!

~amy~ said...

way tooooo stinkin' CUTE!

cheryln said...

oh my heck! this is sooooo cute!!!! love, love, love it!

rae said...

congrats on the 2s4y fab5... well deserved!!

Ewonne said...

Your card is fantastic!!! Congrats to the Fab 5!!!

Pamela Smerker said...

GReat card and congrats on making the fab 5!

Katie said...

I love your take on the sketch...your card is darling :)

Katie

Peet said...

Gorgeous card!!!
Congrats to the fab5, Maria!

Regina Easter said...

omg...how adorable is this...love this....congrats...

Donna E. said...

wondeful card! love the birdie and the colors are great! congrats on the fab 5!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

WOWzers! I love this birdie and the colors pop right off the page! Great card :-)