Recipe Challenge 31

I decided after last week to post my Recipe Challenge card for Sketches {by tamara} on Wednesday's. I had two posts last Tuesday and I don't know how many of you saw it. My card will still be posted on the Sketches blog every Tuesday I just won't feature it on my blog until Wednesday. I want to make sure I'm giving Tamara's challenge enough time to get noticed too. These recipe challenges are super fun!!

This week's challenge was:
Use 3 strips of paper
Distressed edges
A tag

I had a whole other layout in mind and then this happened. I really like the shabby feel of this card and the layout is pretty versatile. I've been ignoring my background stamps so I pulled out Bella Toile and stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink on the Kraft cardstock. I left more of it showing on the sides than usual and I like the chunky border. The flower is actually from my reject pile for another card. The only thing I'm a little unsure of is the tag. It was a recipe requirement so I had to put it on but I'm not sure I'm loving it. I think I would have rather had the sentiment stamped on the panel with the flower....what do you think??

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:

Stamps: Bella Toile Background and Bella Blossom (su), Birthday Surprise (verve)

Paper: Kraft, Pink Pirouette, Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla, Floral Print (my mind's eye)

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa

Accesories: Button, Lace, Staples, Machine Stitching, Embroidery Floss

2 comments:

Bev said...

Maria this is gorgeous - so elegant and the touch of lace is so pretty

hugs Bev x

Jenny said...

I love the lace on this one!!