Brilliant Tangerine Stars

Holy Cow!! Bright is the word of the day over at the Color Throwdown blog. Tangerine Tango and I don't generally get along and Ballet Blue is a color I've only reached for when a challenge required it. So needless to say Tangerine Tango, Ballet Blue and Brilliant Blue was a bit of a shock this morning.
However, once I got into my craft room and got to looking at the colors together they weren't half bad. Maybe it's because I live and Colorado and am a huge Denver Bronco fan or maybe it was all the caffeine I had but this card came together quick and easy and I really like it.
These colors just had to be a little boy card and I found these really, REALLY old papers in my stash that matched todays colors well. I stamped the stars from Verve's Polka Stars (ENABLER ALERT: Verve is having a SALE) and distressed the edges (you really can't tell in the photo) I stitched some crooked lines on both layers and added some fun elements like the spiral edge and the staples and the card was done. I think I'm going to make a few more of these today just to have on hand. I never have a cute boy card when I need it and have plenty of this dp left.
Make sure you head over to the Color Throwdown blog and check out the DT's cards, they blow me away every week.
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Stars (Verve - Polka Stars), Sentiment (Birthday Bash - CHF, Kim Hughes)
Ink: Brillant Blue, Tangerine Tango
Paper: Ballet Blue, Tangerine Tango, Brillant Blue, Unknown DP
Accesories: Staples, Spiral Punch (su), Machine Stitching, 1 3/4 Circle Punch, CM Cutting System

17 comments:

Angela said...

Such a cute card,

Christi said...

OMG this is cute!!

Sparkle said...

Super cute and love the blue and orange! I lived in Denver for 2 years. :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

ADORABLE!! Girl, your designs are blowin' me away lately! I just LOVE this!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, great job! Love the stitching on this! Thanks for playing the CTD!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Maria! This is absolutely fabulous! I would never have imagined liking these colors but your card turned out to look so cool! Way to go! :D

Julia Aston said...

I love stars on a card - super cute masculine design! Fun notebook punched edge too!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Wowie!! That is a bright color combo....but I loooove what you did with it with the Verve stars. Awesome!

Courtney said...

OH MY! You make tangerine look GOOD! I would have shied away from that color challenge, but you totally inspired me!!

Cassie said...

Very pretty, love the stitching!

LeAnne said...

You did a great job!
LeAnne

Barbara said...

Whatever the inspiration, you did great, Maria!!! Love this card and how you interpreted the colors. Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time.

StampingSeasons said...

This card is so stunning. Good job!

broni (waterchild12) said...

What a fun card, Maria! It rocks!

SnappyStamper said...

Awesome card! This is a great card for a guy!

Kathryn said...

GREAT boy card -- so CUTE -- Love those stars and the stitching -- Fabulous! ;)

Debbie said...

O...M...G! This is so stinin' CUTE! What an absolutely PERFECT card for a boy! I love everything about this! Woohoo!