CBC Challenge Inspiration Station

Man, did Courtney pick a great inspiration piece for this weeks Created By Courtney Challenge. Take a look at that picture!!

It's definately not a photo I would typically look to to be inspired but I guess that's why they call it a challenge. What caught my eye immediately was that gorgeous cooper background. I really wanted to use cooper paper but I don't have any :) The closest I could think of was Barely Banana heavily sponged in More Mustard. I stamped the tiny hearts from Verve's Hearts on Fire all along the background. I love this effect and it was super simple. Since I wanted them to resemble the photo I didn't need them to be lined up so I attached the stamp to the block a little crooked and began stamping.

I free hand cut the the heart out of Old Olive paper and backed it with a Chocolate Chip Heart. The brads and the library clip gave me the metallic element I was looking for. I stamped the tiny single heart in Real Red ink on Real Red paper and cut it out to add a tiny bit of color. I also used red embroidery floss to tie the button on for another pop of color.

Make sure you check out all the other Chicks creations!

Courtney Fowler
Danielle Marcus
Holly Brown
Kim Gruetzmacher
Maria Fiscella
Sparkle Smith

We have lost a few chicks over the last few weeks due to busy stamping schedules and life in general. Courtney has decided to have a guest designer each month. If you would be interested in becoming a chick head over to Courtney's Blog and leave her a comment linking up your blog!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Hearts on Fire (verve)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Old Olive, Real Red
Ink: More Mustard, Old Olive, Real Red
Accesories: Brown Gingham Ribbon, Brads, Button, Red Embroidery Floss, Mini Library Clip (su)

11 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Sweet and simple, really like it!

Donna said...

what a fun card! love the subtle rows of hearts on the card base.

Lorie said...

Maria...this card is simply fantastic! Great job!

Dani said...

Love, love, love this! The clip is the perfect addition and your card is fantastic!

Holly said...

What an adorable card!!!!!! Love the ribbon treatment over the heart!!!

Kim said...

Maria that is a beautiful card! WOW your inspiration rocks!!!! I love all the hearts you used! Beautiful work!
Hugs~ Kim

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, what an awesome card created from that inspiration piece! LOVE it! And GLG!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - great job with that difficult inspiration piece! I love the stamped rows of hearts and the colors you used here!

Courtney said...

This is awesome! I love how the ribbon is all crooked! Way to think outside of the box... er... circuit board! LOL!

Sparkle said...

This is so cute! I love the background!

Chrissy D said...

Maria this is FABULOUS! Love it! TFS!