Color Throwdown 28

Barbara is a women after my own heart! Have you seen her color combo over at the Color Throwdown blog? Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and CHOCOLATE CHIP!!! Love em! I had to play. I decided to semi-case Tammy Hershberger's semi-case of me..lol!! Apparently I enabled her to purchase this adorable stamp set and I thought I would tease her one last time before she gets hers inky :)I also got the idea to paper piece with an embossed image from her. I don't know why this never occured to me but I love it. I, of course, choose my swiss dot's folder (my fave)!!
Make sure you head on over to the Color Throwdown blog and check it out. I hear next weeks color challenge is super fun, but don't ask me how I know ;) Ask Leanne!!
Thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Spring Trees, The Birds and The Bees (CHF, Kim Hughes)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, White, Sweet Always (su), Pink Ruled Paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)
Accesories: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Rectangle Nesties, Brown Gingham Ribbon

12 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Your card is adorable! I love the embossed tree top and the patterned paper trunk! That is really a cute stamp set! Great card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, you're just mean teasing me like that! LOL I got an email this morning that my stamps shipped, but that's not in time for me to play this weekend! :( This is ADORABLE and exactly like the idea I have in mind for using mine when they finally arrive! Can't wait 'til next week's Throwdown! :)

Stephanie said...

Very pretty card. Love it!

LeAnne said...

Oh Maria, this is so sweet! There you go with that gingham again, too! GLG! Thanks for playing, can't wait til next week!
LeAnne

Barbara said...

What an adorable card!!! I'm afraid you're a terrible enabler, LOL!!! I love the paper piecing! Glad you liked my colors :) Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next week!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, this is cute! Love the colors and I especially love the paper pieced and Swiss dot tree! Wow!

Cathy Indelicato said...

Great card - love your work - thanks so much for playing!

Courtney said...

Oh I love how you semi-cased the semi-case of the semi-case! LOL! This is great, Maria!!

Riet said...

wow. Maria you made fabolous cards,I love them all.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.xx

toners said...

Awwww - this is so pretty! Love the color combo, and the tree is adorable!

Thank you so much for your get well wishes :) They mean a lot! I'm trying to catch up on all my favorite blogs this morning :)

Jenny said...

Super cute card Maria! I love the embossed tree. I would have never thought to do that. Great job!

Kathryn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your card -- so cute!!
Kim Hughes has the cutest stamps - love them so much!! ;)