Color Throwdown 31

So I strayed just a tiny bit from this weeks colors on the Color Throwdown Blog! I really wanted to use this flower from Purple Onion Designs on this card and I inked it up with my SU markers. Since SU doesn't make markers in the In Colors I used Always Artichoke instead.

I haven't made a card with this few layers in awhile but I really like it. I stamped the flower twice on Bashful Blue and then used the same markers to randomly ink the script background stamp. I stamped off once before stamping on the cardstock. All the edges were inked in Vintage Photo Ink by Ranger. Of course, I added some gingham ribbon. One of the edges was fraying and I kind of liked the look so I frayed the other end too. I created the scallop border with SU's border punch and my crop-a-dile. Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Single Stem (Purple Onion Designs), Serenity (Verve)
Paper: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue
Ink: Night of Navy, Always Artichoke (su), Vintage Photo (ranger)
Accesories: Brown Gingham (ribbon fx), Scallop Border Punch (su), Crop-a-dile, Copper Brads, Word Window Punch, Staples

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Totally cute, Maria! Love the sweet flowers and the very vintage feel of this card. Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time.

My lifes inky escape and more said...

This is so cute! I love your flowers!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Oh, love this!! The flowers are great and petite and the brads are perfect!

dpkennedy said...

Love this card! The soft image and the pretty ribbon and the scallop edging...very nice! Thanks for playing the CTD!

Julia Aston said...

Such pretty flowers Maria and I love the brads and ribbon!

broni (waterchild12) said...

What a soft and beautiful card, Maria!!

broni (waterchild12) said...

What a soft and beautiful card, Maria!!

broni (waterchild12) said...

What a soft and beautiful card, Maria!!

wendyp said...

what a gorgeous card! Love those flower images!!