Color Throwdown Guest Designer

I'm so excited to be this month's guest designer for the Color Throwdown Blog!! I love the color combos they have and the talented designers creations are always fun to look at.
This weeks fabulous color combo is:
Regal Rose
Kiwi Kiss
Chocolate Chip
I had a blast with this combo!! Check it out.Can you believe this is the first time I've inked these birds! I've had this set since christmas but have been showing the bees way more love so I decided to remedy that with this card. I colored the birds with my copics and paper pieced the sentiment. The sketch I used for this card was Kazan's Sketch 19.
Make sure you check out all the creations from the design team on the Color Throwdown Blog or on their own blogs listed below.
Tammy Hershberger
Barbara Anders
Danielle Kennedy
LeAnne Pugliese
Broni Holcombe
Cathy Indelicato
Thanks so much again ladies for letting me join you this week!!! I'll be back again next week to check out the newest combo!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: The Birds and The Bees (CHF, kim hughes), Bella Toile (su)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Always DP (su)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Copics, Chocolate Chip
Accesories: Machine Stitching, Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Piercer, Scallop and Plain Rectangle Nesties, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, CM Cutting System

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very cute, Maria! I love how you pieced the words! Perfecto!
LeAnne

Cathy Indelicato said...

What a great card!!! Congrats on your day!!!

broni (waterchild12) said...

Love your card, Maria!! Those love birds are adorable and I love the way you paper pieced the sentiment! Cool! Thanks for being our very first guest designer!!

dpkennedy said...

This is totally adorable! I love the scalloped bottom, the paper piecing, that beautiful bow...and of course those adorable birds! You rocked this!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I love the paper-pieced sentiment, too and the whole card is just darn cute!!! I'm so glad you got to be our guest this week! Fabulous job!

Lorie said...

Great card and great color combo! Hope I can play along! :o)

Sparkle said...

Those love birds are just too cute!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love the birds and your paper pieced sentiment is sheer genious!! What a fun card!!

Jenny said...

Very cute!!

Jenny said...

Forgot to tell you Congrats on the DT!!!

Heather P. said...

This is just too cute! Love that color combo! :)

Melissa Sauls said...

Congrats to you!!! Great job on the color combo and super cute card. :)

toners said...

Gorgeous, Maria!! Congrats on the GD spot - enjoy! Those birds are so sweet :)

Julia Aston said...

This is so pretty Maria - love the ribbon and scalloped edge. Congratulations on being the Guest designer this month!

Courtney said...

You threw down alright! This is fabulous!!!

LuLu said...

Brilliasnt card and so loving that colour combo.