GLG!!! (Gotta Love Gingham) Challenge

I'm so excited about today's post! My friend Tammy Hershberger asked me if I would be interested in doing a blog challenge with her. Are you kidding??? Of course I was interested!! We decided to make it a GLG (Gotta Love Gingham) challenge since her obsession happens to be as big as mine :) The object: get as much gingham on a card as you can without making it tacky. Hum...well this card is LOADED with gingham but I'm leaving the tack-o-meter up to you, what do you think??I kept the colors fairly simple because I didn't want too many distractions. The gingham papers are from The Paper Studio (I get them at Hobby Lobby). I paper pieced one of my favorite images from H&M Stamps with the gingham too, the rest of her was colored with copic markers. Once I got the card assembled it felt christmasy too me so I went with it. The sentiment is from SU's Short and Sweet. I debated on the gingham ribbon because I was afraid it would be too much but I like it.
No run on over to Tammy's blog to see her card {HERE}!
Let me know if you get inspired by gingham!! I would love to see what you make.
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Calling All Angels (H&M Stamps), Short and Sweet (su)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Summer Picnic (retired SU), Gingham (the paper studio)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Copics
Accesories: Word Window Punch, Red Brads, Black Gingham Ribbon (su), Square Punch (cm)

8 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, she's adorable! I love all the gingham, especially even her legs! And all those squares are fabulous, and all so perfectly placed! I love it! This was a ton of fun... we'll have to do it again! GLG!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is an AWESOME card! Love all the black, red & white gingham! And your paperpiecing is perfect! What fun & inspiration!!

Caryl P said...

Wow, you do love gingham! This card is great, and the ribbon is perfect....a small bit of gingham to break up the rest. I may need to check and see if I have some gingham to play with.

mudmaven said...

This is just great! Love it! You and Tammy make quite a challenge pair. ~chris

Jen Tapler said...

OK, I have to tell you that I'm normally not a huge fan of gingham...mostly because I can't do what you and Tammy do with it!!! But I LOVE this!!!

toners said...

What a CUTIE!! Love her!! :)

LuLu said...

So into this card. Tacky . . . no way its brilliant.

LeAnne said...

Well, mine doesn't have quite as much gingham, but I finally got a chance to make something of my own!
You can see it here:

http://weeinklings.blogspot.com/2009/03/gotta-love-gingham.html