One Last Viva La Verve - Embossing

This one has to be my favorite of the three Viva La Verve cards I've posted. I'm totally lovin' this color combo. Real Red, Taken With Teal and So Saffron. I was digging through my scraps pile and these three colors just happened to be laying together. The twist for this challenge was embossing (wet or dry) so I dusted off my D'vine Swirls Folder. My poor Swiss Dot's really needed a break!! The sketch called for an oval but like I said I'll get out of it if I can ;) I decided instead to use my rectangle nestablities just because it was quick and easy...maybe I need to get some oval nesties!!!
The flowers and the sentiment are from Verve's Feeling Groovy set. I stamped the flowers on the retired SU paper Summer Picnic and attached them with Jumbo black brads. I choose this sentiment for a dear friend of mine who needed a little cheering up. I hope this helps :) Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Feeling Groovy (verve)
Paper: Real Red, Taken With Teal, So Saffron, Summer Picnic
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)
Accesories: Brads, D'vine Swirls Folder, Rectangle Nesties, Black Polka Dot Ribbon

4 comments:

maria fiscella said...

What a color combo! This is gorgeous, Maria! *enabler alert* I'm not big on ovals either and last summer I, too, was using my CM oval cutter and the Marvy scalloped punch. And then I bought the oval Nesties...so much easier! I almost like ovals now...

Sparkle said...

This is so cute! I love that strip of black poka dot paper!

Stephanie Hargis said...

It worked! :D I just got it in the mail today and absolutely loved it! I said to my husband "Look what my sweet friend Maria just sent me." and he said "Wow, what for?" I tried explaining it to him but he didn't understand! Haha! However, I did, and it meant the world to me! Thank you so incredibly much girl! You are amazing! :D

((BIG HUGS))

Tammy Hershberger said...

Too cute! I love the polka dots, and the colors you used!