Oops, So I Lied...

...I forgot there was one more Viva La Verve sketch being posted this week and I wanted to get it done before the weekend was over, my next week is busy!! So here ya go!This weeks twist was to use acetate. I decided to use mine as my card base and then beefed it up with some cardstock. The acetate I have is from Office Max and isn't really very sturdy. I wanted my card to be more see thru but it was just to wobbly so I attached a piece of Really Rust behind the embossed acetate to make it tougher. I even decorated the inside of the card because it needed some cardstock to help hold it up too. I may do this more often though, it didn't take as much time as I thought it would to embellish the inside. I LOVE the way the acetate looks when it is embossed. The photo really doesn't show just how cool that layer looks. I tried to take a close up photo so you could see the details a little better.
I choose these colors to coordinate with my new gingham ribbon (GLG). I'm SO excited about this ribbon. The kind I've been using is from Hobby Lobby and I really like it. This is from Michaels and I'm IN LOVE!!!! I like the small pattern better and this ribbon is so easy to work with. Be prepared to see it on everything...lol...I'm kidding..sort of ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Fluttering By (verve), Short and Sweet (su)
Paper: Really Rust, More Mustard, Acetate, DP (Boxer by Basic Grey)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Staple, Brown Gingham Ribbon (Michaels), Paper Piercer, Pearls, Word Window Punch

7 comments:

Becky Jo said...

Love this card! You do beautiful work. TFS Hugs!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE the gingham (GLG!) and love the Boxer paper with this, too! Very pretty!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous!! Love the look of the embossed acetate...it almost looks like tiny pearls from a distance. That dsp with the flowers looks AWESOME too! Makes the card look partially quilted. So cool!

Carolina said...

Amazingly stunning card! Can't say enough about it...the yummy color combo, the pearls, the ribbon...just stunning!

Jenny said...

Maria..WOW love what you did with the inside of the butterfly!! Very creative!!

Kristie said...

Beautiful card, love what you did with the butterfly and that big bow is very cool.

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

WOW! This card is really lovely. I love the small checked pattern on that ribbon too. Love that butterfly!