Viva La Verve - Monochromatic

I was WAY behind on my Viva La Verve Challenge cards and had to get that remedied this week. If you complete all four sketches with a twist before the deadline you get entered in a drawing for a HUGE Verve prize...the whole next months release!!!! If you've been to the Verve store lately you know this is the biggest release they have had yet so I'm really hoping I win or my checkbook (and my hubby) aren't going to be very happy :) Verve is also having a sale to make room for the next release so if you need to stock up don't miss out!!!
This weeks sketch has been my favorite so far. There are so many layers but it was still really easy to put together. Plus since this weeks twist was monochromatic it took a lot of the guess work out of the layers. I'm still trying to use up some old SU paper packs and decided Wild Wasabi was the way to go with this card.
I sanded all the edges (I love the way this looks) and matted everything with Basic Black which really makes all the layers pop!!
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Thankful Blossoms, Filigree Fantasy (verve)
Paper: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi DP
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)
Accesories: Jumbo Brad, Black Polka Dot Ribbon, 1 3/4 Circle Punch, CM Cutting System, Sanding Block

8 comments:

toners said...

Gorgeous, Maria! Love all those layers and your color choice! :)

Lorie said...

This is beautiful...I love it!

Sparkle said...

Very pretty! I love the green!

Marie B. said...

Oooooo, Maria! Green is my favorite color, and this card is totally awesome! :)

Renée said...

This is so pretty, Maria! Love the green and black. The dotted grosgrain sure pops!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love the colors - this card is so pretty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OK, I have had Filigree Fantasy forever and have NEVER used it! Now I see how to use it! Maybe I'll get it inky soon! This is so pretty! I love the white edges, too!

Alyssa said...

This card is gorgeous! Love it :o)