Viva La Verve - No DP

NO DESIGNER PAPER!!!!!!!!! Designer paper is usually my starting point. My color choices began with the dp and then the stamp choice comes next. Since we couldn't use any dp for this card I had no choice but to make my own. I LOVE these filigrees from Verve and they make a gorgeous pattern.
I stamped the filigrees in Ruby Red ink on the same color paper and inked the edges as well. The thanks sentiment was a gift from Julee with a Verve order. She definately know how to take care of us ;) and the butterflies are from Floral Whimsy. I've never made white butterflies before and thought they might be too plain but with all the color they really pop right of the card.
This sketch was a little tricky for me because I don't use ovals unless I'm told to and even then I try to get out of it. Thankfully my son was playing with ALL my punches will I made this card because I totally forgot I had this scallop oval punch from marvy. Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Filigree Fantasy, Floral Whimsy, Thanks (verve)
Paper: Ruby Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Ruby Red
Accesories: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Brads, Giga Scallop Punch (marvy), CM Cutting System, Black Striped Ribbon

4 comments:

Melissa Sauls said...

Such a pretty card! Great job on the challenge. I really like how the butterflies catch your eye!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful, Maria! I LOVE how the white butterflies just pop against all the red.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love how the colors pop against that red!

Jackie Pedro said...

Gorgeous, Maria!!! GORGEOUS!!