Cupcake Baby Shower Gift

So here it is! My sweet little cupcake gift for the baby shower tomorrow. I absolutely feel in love with these when I saw them on Lauren Meader's Blog, and the best is she has a video tutorial on making them {HERE}. I have to say these were a patience tester for a little while. A few bad words did slip until I finally figured out a method that worked best for me. The first cupcake took, no joke, an hour!!! I almost gave up but once it clicked, the other 7 only took about 10 minutes.

I got this cute little box to alter at Hobby Lobby. I thought it was a complete steal at $2.99 but my hubby thought that was way to much for a plain, empty box...MEN!!!
I told you I was addicted to this plaid paper from My Minds Eye. I bought quite a few sheets so I would be able to cover this box and only used two so I still have plenty left :)
I covered the inside of the box with some pink polka dot paper that I have had for ever. I love the black with the pastel colors. I just seems to make them really pop!
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

What, no glitter on top??? LOL! These are adorable, and your box is just beautiful! What a great gift!
LeAnne

Cristy G said...

Maria,

Even if your husband was right and the empty box was a little expensive, which I am not agreeing with (sorry hubby), you made something priceless out of it! Really cool. I would be really excited to receive something like that. Have a great day.

Cristy

broncos*kick said...

What a great gift, Maria. I love the way you decorated the box. And what a steal for only $2.99...lol. Thanks for telling folks hi and have a safe trip east.
Paula

Melissa Sauls said...

Toooo cute Maria!! I LOLd at you slipping a couple of choice words!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a great gift, Maria! I'm going to have to remember this for one of our employees who is having a baby in May! Thanks for sharing the tutorial link!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

SO cute! She will LOVE her gift! Very nicely done and p.s. I am addicted to MME as well!

Libby Hickson said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THESE!!! Sorry for yelling, but I'm excited - going to look at the tutorial now. :-)

Jackie Pedro said...

These are darling, Maria!!

Carla Harrah said...

These are toooo cute. I think your right the pastel with the black does pop!

toners said...

These are AWESOME!!!! Fantastic gift idea!

Joanie said...

What a cute idea!!! I will have to borrow this idea!
When you get a chance check out my blog, I'm giving away some Blog Candy!