Double Splitcoast Challenge Card

It's been awhile since I have done any of the challenges on Splitcoast so I thought I would remedy that this week!
I loved this weeks color combo (Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun and Kraft) and the sketch challenge looked like a fun one, so I combined the two to make this:
When I got my hands on my new H&M Stamps set, Seasons of Trees, I knew those little apples would make a cute teacher card. These colors worked perfect for the idea I had in my head. I stamped the apples in Riding Hood Red on the same color cardstock and then cut them into the strips for the background (see photo below for more details). I stamped the tree on some Kraft dp and added some buttons. I love all the cute images you can add to the tree but I also love the scrolled lines of the tree and wanted to show them off. A little bit of gingham and voila. A perfect card for my daughters teacher at the end of the year. (I'm sure it will be here before I know it).
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Seasons Of Trees (H&M Stamps), Short and Sweet (SU)
Paper: Kraft, Riding Hood Red, Kraft DP, Yellow Gingham (The Paper Studio)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)
Accesories: Black Brads, Black Gingham Ribbon (Ribbon FX), Buttons, Black Embroidery Floss, Word Window Punch (SU)

6 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

More gingham cuteness, and LOVE the buttons!

Sparkle said...

I love all the different patterns. What a fun and cheery card.

Makiko Jones said...

What a cute tree!! Love the buttons and the gingham papers.

Libby Hickson said...

Love this! Those buttons are fabulous!

Carolina said...

Adorable take on both challenges! Love how you added buttons to the tree...genius!!!

Jenny said...

OK.. this is my favorite card of yours now!!! I LOVE those little buttons in the tree. Just perfect!!The color combo is amazing too!