Funky Flower

Finally, I had a chance to be inspired by Courtney's Closet. I've missed the last few challenges but I made time to get to it this week and all the Verve sketches on the SCS forums. I decided to combine sketch 3 with this challenge, so I didn't have quite so many cards to make. I did have to flip this sketch and tweek it just a bit but I really love the results.

I'm loving the new My Minds Eye plaid paper I just bought at Hobby Lobby so if you see a lot of it, sorry :) I bought quite a few sheets because I'm going to be using it for the baby shower gift that I still have to finish up. I'm hoping to have picks of it by Saturday (some of you have been asking).
FYI: I had someone ask me where I get my gingham paper made by The Paper Studio. I get it all at Hobby Lobby! I just stocked up, all there paper was 50% off!!!
I love the springy colors of this card and it's my last desperate attempt to hold of the HUGE snow storm that's suppose to be coming our way. They are predicting anywhere from 3 to 20 inches. UGH!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:

Stamps: Birthday Bash (kim hughes, CHF)

Paper: Certainly Celerey, Apricot Appeal, Yellow Gingham (the paper studio), Plaid (my minds eye)

Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)

Accesories: Black Ribbon, Machine Stitching, Scallop Dot Punch (martha stewart), White Plastic Flower (american crafts), Brad

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

Cute card! I don't think we'll get all that snow...or at least, I'm crossing my fingers that we won't! :o)

leanne said...

I love your card! That flower is so fun. Waiting to see what will happen with the snow here too:)

Risa said...

Your card is very cute Maria! The flower and DP are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Alyssa said...

Ha Ha! I wrote that first comment before looking outside! Now I'm waiting to see if they are going to make me stay overnight at work. Yuck, yuck, YUCK!!

toners said...

Really pretty! Love the stitching and colors!

Libby Hickson said...

Love your card this week Maria! That flower is wonderful, with the bit of plaid and the awesome ribbon stem & leaves. And I love how you did just the small touch of stitching along the edges, so cool!

Tammy Hershberger said...

VERY cute! Love the plaid and the little bits of stitching!