Mojo Monday 80

Check out this fabulous sketch Julee gave us this week on the {Mojo Blog}!! This has to be one of my favorites to date. It was so much fun to mix and match all the different layers and still have a really clean, crisp design. That girl never ceases to amaze me!
I made this card for a friend of mine who needed a birthday card for a little girl celebrating her first birthday. I love the one candle marking the occasion. It was fun to use all the pinks and polka dots for a little girl but in the end it didn't turn out overly cutesy and I like that. I used Basic Grey for all the mats and I don't know why I don't use this color more. I love the look of black mats but for a pastel card the grey really worked well to make the colors pop but still was soft enough to keep the card really feminine.
Make sure you go check out all the other Mojo Makers cards and don't forget, next week is a contest week :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Bash (kim hughes, CHF)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Basic Grey, Very Vanilla, Apricot Appeal DP, Polka Dots (My Minds Eye)
Ink: Rose Red, Tuxedo Black (memento)
Accesories: Orange Peel Stickles, Paper Piercer, Circle Punch, CM Cutting System, Pink Gingham Ribbon, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Brads

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey, I love this! That candle is really burning! LOL Well done!

LeAnne said...

Fun sketch, fun card! Love the dot theme going on!!! Great colors too, I have been using more BG on my cards as well.

mustangsarah said...

Great card, Love the colors.

Sue said...

What a sweet card. I love it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a sweet little birthday card. You had me at polka dots! LOL Love the little glittery flame, too! :)

Paul said...

This was my fave from the DT work. Really stood out. Ssshhhhhh - don't tell the others lol
TFS
Paul

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is also one of my favorites, luvin your cards, so fun! *~*

Janette said...

very pretty Maria, love the touch of sparkle and the polka dots

toners said...

You're right, Maria - just the perfect balance of cute girl colors without going over the top :) Your work ROCKS!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card and great colour scheme

Rachel said...

This is such a pretty birthday card!! love the colors you used!