Spring Has Sprung Blog Hop

I'm super excited to be a part of my very first blog hop!! You should have arrived here from Makiko's blog. If not, make sure you go back and start at Carolina's blog so you don't miss any of the projects the H&M Design Team has come up with.
All the DT members made cute projects for spring using the new releases. I had a hard time deciding what to make. I finally decided to make some easter treats since that seems to be sneaking up on me. We always have easter at my house since our backyard is great for an egg hunt. There are always lots of little kids and I thought these would be great treats to hand out to them all.
I wrapped Kit Kat bunny ears in SU papers and dressed them all up. I started with a 6x6 piece of paper and cut 7/8 off of one side. I punched the 6 inch sides with my scalloped dot punch. I saved the 7/8 strip and wrapped it around the candy bar for another punch of color. The little chick from Eggstra Special was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock and I colored him with my copics. I mounted him on the same SU colored cardstock. The papers I used are from a retired hostess pack. The colors are Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink and Apricot Appeal. Very springy!!!!
Here's an individual one so you can see all the details.
Now head on over to {Melissa's Blog} and check out the adorable project she made.
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Eggstra Special (H&M Stamps)
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink, Very Vanilla
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)
Accesories: Scallop Dot Punch (martha stewart), Scallop Circle Punch and Circle Punches (su), Black Gingham Ribbon (ribbon fx), Paper Piercer

18 comments:

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

awe these are too cute!!!

Julia Aston said...

What fun candy wraps Maria! love this idea and the pretty punched edges on them look super!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Love these--how fun to give & recieve. Cute, cute!

hugz,
Suzanne

Carolina said...

Oh how adorable are these?! OH the kids will for sure love them and thanks for the reminder...I need to get going on the treat holders for the little ones.

Hope your kiddos are feeling better! Hugs & Smiles!

Tankgrl said...

Way Way Cute! Love your papers, and Idea to get started NOW! Great project Maria!

Heather K.

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! This is simply too cute!!!! I HAVE to make these for my nephews and nieces. The blog hop has been great...You always come up with the cutest ideas!
Hugs,
Anne Marie

Dawn Easton said...

Maria, these are super sweet! Love the wrappers edge....fab idea!!! Wish we could do OUTSIDE egg hunts but we almost always have snow still at Easter....lol

Heather said...

Super fun treat holders Maria! Loving these!

Heather said...

Melissa, these treats are just amazing! I am so going to case those Bunny Carrots! Too darn fabulous!

Tracy Dorton said...

Adorable project, very clever! Great colors and yummy treat inside!

Lorie said...

Oh, I love this! What a fun idea!

Makiko Jones said...

These treat holders are so cute, Maria!
The scalloped edges are a very nice touch and what a great gift for the party goodies! Fabulous idea!

toners said...

Adorable!! Love the colors and the simplicity :)

Jenny said...

Maria..very cute idea!! I would have never thought about wrapping Kit Kats!! They are super cute!

Debbie said...

WOW maria! WOW!! These are ADORABLE!!!! I just LOVE seeing this set in ACTION!!! WOOHOO! I have to tell ya that I just {Heart} your style! You have got it goin' on girl!

Sparkle said...

These are too cute! I love the spring colors.

Melissa Sauls said...

Awww Maria those are just adorable!! Love that punch on the edge and all of the color combos. Just so sweet! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Super cute and what a yummy treat!