Courtney's "Gingham" Closet

I've been using my Purple Onion Stamps a lot more lately since I FINALLY got them all organized. I use to have them all in a plastic tote but it was hard to see what I had. Plus, I was using double stick tape to adhere them to my stamp blocks and it was a pain. I've had Aleen's Tack Over Glue for awhile and just hadn't taken the time to use it. I spent one morning spreading the glue on the back of all the stamps and now they all stick wonderfully to my blocks. They also stay put on the plastic dividers I bought from Creative Memories when I was a consultant. I punched holes in the dividers and into a notebook they went. It's much handier to have them ready to go and out where I can see them.
Libby lured me into this weeks From Courtney's Closet Challenge by putting her adorable daughter in gingham. I had to play!!! This flower stamp was one I got from Michelle when I was in the final stages of applying to be a designer for here. I love this stamp!!! I inked it up with my SU Real Red and Basic Black markers and stamped it twice on Very Vanilla cardstock. I cut them out and attached them to the card front with jumbo black brads. I love the effect. Both of the flowers stick up from the card. Here's a side angle so you can see the dimension. My hubby thought it looked weird but what does he know ;) Thanks for stopping by!!


Recipe:
Stamps: Single Stem Flower, Happy Birthday, Rouge Et Noir Music Clip (Purple Onion Designs)
Paper: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Script Paper (unknown)
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Red Gingham Ribbon, Black Gingham Ribbon, Machine Stitching, Buttons, Brads

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty....I struggle with storage for these sets too! Do you put them in a plastic sheet protector or just stick them in the notebook just like this? I think I should invest in some of that tacky stuff too!
Love the gingham treatment! :D
LeAnne

Jennifer said...

What a great use for those extra dividers that I, as a deactivated CM consultant, have, too! Now I just need to get some of Aleen's glue. Pretty card!

Sparkle said...

This is so pretty! I love your ruffle.

Libby Hickson said...

I *love* your card, Maria - it is soooo gorgeous!! Love the text background, the gingham across the middle, those fun flowers, the way you did a border on 2 sides - all of it!! And hey fyi, maybe you know this but if you ever get stamps that are one big sheet of rubber and you cut them out - put on the Alene's glue before you cut. Makes it sooo much easier! (I didn't think of this until somebody told me, duh!) Scissors get yicky but nothing a little Goo Gone can't fix! :-)