Recipe Challenge 45

As I sit here typing this post my hubby is out mowing the lawn. I love the smell of fresh cut grass. The weather here today is beautiful and I'm so ready for spring. My flowers are all starting to grow and I can't wait to be able to spend more time outside.
This weeks Sketches {by tamara} Recipe Challenge has a bit of nature to it.
*ribbon
*patterned paper
*include an image of something that flies I used the uninked dragonfly from SU's Bugs and Kisses and some polka dot My Minds' Eye papers to make this card cute card. I had intended it to be for my nephew's birthday party last weekend but then decided the bow was a little to girly.
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Bugs and Kisses, Family Phrases (SU)
Paper: Green Galore, Basic Black, White (DMC), Polka Dots (My Minds Eye)
Ink: Old Olive, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accesories: Black Gingham Ribbon, Buttons, Machine Stitching

8 comments:

Caryl P said...

I love this card, especially the stitching...it reminds me of the dragonfly zipping all around. Wish we had lawnmowers going in NH...just raindrops!

toners said...

I really like the font on that sentiment - might have to check out the set :) Beautiful colors!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable card, Maria! I love green and black together! Love the "spots" with the gingham, too!

Debbie said...

Good Lord girl...your talent is just Amazing! I LOVE your work!

Melissa Sauls said...

Love it!!! This is just so cute. Love how you tied the multi-bow! :)

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Very fun and whimsical card! Your bow is fabulous and great job on the stitching! WOW!!

Carolina said...

Ahhhh - so cute! The gingham ribbon is the perfect touch.

toners said...

I just had to check in to say that I loved your comment (and your husband's) about the snow up here :) You're welcome to check in any time! LOL!!! :)

Fortunately, most of it is gone now - hopefully that's the last of it until, well, October :)