Polka Dots and Gingham...

...are two of my favorite words. Well, that and coffee & chocolate or beer & pizza or sand & sun or maybe peace & quiet...lol! But when it comes to papercrafting it's definately polka dots and gingham :)
I dreamt this card last weekend while I was sleeping peacefully with no kids home. I woke up eager to put it on paper but still wasn't feeling the best and never made it to my craft room. I finally had the chance yesterday to sneak in a card and it turned out pretty much like I had in mind. I originally had the card on a black background but it ended up being too much black. I decided on kraft but I think I would have liked Very Vanilla instead.

I'm so in love with these new Unity stamps!! I still have lots more to get inky so I need to get all my laundry finished today so I can have some serious craft time this weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: May Kit of the Month (unity stamp co)
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, Polka Dots and Pink (my minds eye), Pink Gingham (the paper studio)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Black Gingham Ribbon (ribbon fx), Rhinestone Jewels, Scallop Dot Punch (martha stewart), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Machine Stitching, Button, Black Embroidery Floss

7 comments:

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Gorgeous as always, Maria! I love gingham and polka dots, too. I'm so sorry you've been sick. I know how that is & it seems the older I get, the harder it is to bounce back. Anyway, I love your card!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Katie Cotton said...

it's your fault. it's all YOUR fault. I've been obsessed with Unity for about a year. I own so much unity stamps it's a might bit silly since i own my own flippin stamp company! But i LOVE unity. Would you know that i help off getting in on the kit of the month every month i could talk myself out of it, until i found your blog. and i caved. So it's YOUR fault. And i'm sure ang thanks you. HAHAHAHHA.

Dani said...

CUTE! You totally rocked the gingham and polka-dots!

Sparkle said...

Very cute! And it's very homey!

Debbie said...

Maria you are just so cute!! I love all of your "2 favorite words" too! I was laughing as I was reading it b/c it's so true! This card is ADORABLE! I love it!

Caryl P said...

Wine and beer might be my two favorites...just the beer actually! Beautiful card, you always have the most beautiful (gingham) bows!

Tammy Hershberger said...

You meant to say diet Coke and chocolate, right? CUTE card, Maria!!!