Verve Challenge

I'm back...barely. Whatever this ick is that I have, it's TERRIBLE. I've been miserable this whole week so please excuse me for not getting to any posts. I'm almost starting to feel human again and my voice is slowly coming back. My parents took my kids for me this weekend so I could rest. I had a little bit of time to make a few cards but I didn't get near as much done as I was hoping to.
Julee had a new Verve release, did anyone go to the party? I popped my head in for a few minutes but the chatting was going so fast, my medicated brain just couldn't keep up. She issued a sketch challenge and I was bummed because I didn't have time to get to it before the release party. Luckliy she extended the deadline until Tuesday, so I got to it over the weekend. She's going to be choosing her favorite and they will get to be a guest designer for the month of June. I was lucky enough to be one for last November's release and it was a blast. I'm glad I had a chance to get my entry in. I'm totally digging my new My Mind's Eye paper pack and I cut these flowers out from one of the dp's in it. Don't these colors just rock. I let the flowers guide me in the color choices and I have to say I totally love them.
Thanks for still sticking with me after my LONG break. I'll be back tomorrow with my Mojo card. It's a special sketch so you won't want to miss it ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Hey There Sunshine Plain Jane (verve)
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Kraft, Simply Delightful DP (my mind's eye), Tres Jolie Journaling Box (my mind's eye)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Copper Brad, Red Gingham Ribbon (ribbon fx), Brown Ribbon (michaels dollar bin), Spiral Punch, Chipboard Heart (su), Machine Stitching

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Love the paper too! Great job on the Verve sketch.

Carolina said...

Beautiful card Maria! You managed to group just the perfect prints together! Hope you're all feeling better!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Well, whatever that ICK is you sure to make beautiful cards in spite of it! This is adorable! Hope you're feeling better today!