Mojo Monday 89

Happy Monday!! Julee has another fab sketch for this weeks edition of Mojo Monday. It's a prize week so make sure you head on over to the {MOJO BLOG} to check out all the details.
I wanted to use this sketch to make a Father's Day card because I all of a sudden got myself into a panic. I thought Father's Day was more at the beginning of the month and I thought I was a bit behind. I had to go check the calendar before I wrote this post and it turns out it isn't until the 21st. Oh well, now I'm ahead of schedule :) I also had to flip the sketch upside down for the idea I had in mind. I wanted to use Verve's Father Figure set because I've been super jealous of all the cool cards using Protector. I stamped the word father on the green dp to make my own pattern. The main panel came together by accident. I had intended on stamping the dots straight and in a two rows above and below Dad but then I stamped it crooked and I didn't want the straight lines to make it more noticeable. I decided to stamp the dots at an angle to make it look intentional ;)
Now I only have two more Father's Day cards to make!
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Father Figure (verve), Arrow (stampendous)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Green DP (my mind's eye), More Mustard DP (su)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Tuxedo Black (memento)
Accesories: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Machine Stitching, 1 3/4 Circle Punch, CM Cutting System

7 comments:

Sparkle said...

What a great Father's Day card! I love it.

Carolina said...

What a wonderful Father's day card Maria! You sound like me, I'm counting down my Father's Day cards as well. Have a great day!!!

Pauline said...

What a simple, but effective card. I love the subtle colour combo. Father's Day over in the UK is on 21st June also. I'll be making a card for my father-in-law who is just the best!

No one would have known about your misktake unless you had said...:-)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Great Father's Day card! I find it difficult making masculine cards. Thanks for the inspiration for the MOJO 89 Challenge. :)

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great colour combo for a male card!

Mary said...

What a fantastic card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is fabulous, Maria! LOVE the scrappy-look you've achieved here!