Mojo Monday 90

I have to say this {MOJO SKETCH} scared me..lol! Julee has done a few sketches with the angled panels and I LOVE the look but they don't love me. I never feel like I get that panel lined up straight enough...obsessive I know! My card may look super simple but it took an obscene amount of time to make. I tried every color and every pattern paper I had and eventually went with vellum. I thought maybe if the diamond shape was more subtle I could let go of my compulsion to keep trying to get it "straighter". It worked UNTIL I decided to emboss it. I got it in the folder a bit crooked and now the dots don't line up straight. :( I glued it together and it is what it is...crooked dots and all! I do really like it though, but I should have left the vellum alone. Next time I'll know to stop while I'm ahead :)Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: May KOTM (unity stamps)
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Vellum, Polka Dots and Plaid (my minds eye)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Button, Brown Embroidery Floss, Oval Punch (su), Yellow Brads, Machine Stitching, 1 3/4 Circle Punch, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

5 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

super cute card! It's so simple, yet has a lot going on. I love that! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, Maria - you totally made me laugh with those polka dots going on crooked. :) Your card looks great. I love the little button on the star.

Wendy said...

Hey Star!! Great minds think alike, we do this alot! LOL Love it!

Wendy said...

And did you get a new banner???

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous! I LOVE the mix of patterns!