Mojo Monday 91

I really have no idea where time goes anymore. Monday already?? I have an 8 page paper due this week (ick) and all the same running around with summer activities. I'm sure it will be Monday again before I know it!!

I'm sure most of you aren't here to listen to me complain but to see my {MOJO MONDAY} card. Julee gave us a sketch for a long card but I'm so bad about these. I can't find any envelopes that I like to fit a long card, anyone know where to get some good ones?? Since I have no envelopes, I just don't make them. I'm really bad about branching out from the A2 size. They are familiar, my envelopes always fit and I can mail them easily. I FINALLY gave away the last of my round cards to my nephew over the weekend (with no envelope). I'm just better off sticking to what I know. I love everyone else's attempts at branching out, mine just cause me stress :) So anyway, here is my card, using Julee's sketch, but smaller.

I busted out the long ignored watercolor pencils for this and I love the effect on Kraft cardstock...hmmm...might have to do this more :)

On a side note, I didn't make the Top 20 at 2 Sketches 4 You with {THIS CARD}. I have to say I was more bummed than I thought I would be. I really loved this card but there is some crazy talent in the Top 20. I'm still happy to have made the Top 30 with over 400 entries the first round!
I also wanted to let you know a friend of mine has some super awesome blog candy {HERE}. Make sure you check it out ;)

Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: May KOTM (unity)
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Pink Gingham (the paper studio), Text (target)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accesories: Twine, Oval Punch, Button

11 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

very cute card!!!!!

Wendy said...

It looks long, don't worry! I never did anything different for a long time and then once I started, it is fun! Love the card you did regardless!

Tammy Hershberger said...

GLG!!! Sweet card! I LOVE this layout! I have the day off, and have the sketch printed out for my "agenda" today!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty, Maria! I usually make my long cards to fit the bill paying envelopes I have around the house. Mine are No. 6 3/4, I think. They're not the really long ones, just about the size of a normal check. The dimensions I use for the card base are 7 x 6.25 (folded at 3.25 on the 7" side). :)

Sparkle said...

Your card is very pretty. Good luck with your paper!

Marie B. said...

Hi Maria! Sorry to hear you didn't make it to the next round over at 2S4YTT, cuz I loved that card too!Just wanted to tell you that! Good luck getting that paper done! :)

Dani said...

This is super cute, I love it! Sorry you didn't make the next round, your work is still fabulous! Hugs!

Debra said...

Don't worry about not making the top 20.. you still have great cards!

Meredith said...

I recently found your blog and think your work is so beautiful! I left you an award on my blog if you want to take a look--

LuLu said...

Love your card & the stamped image. I also love how you can use anything to make a card . . . I wish I had that talent. Never mind making the Top 20 at 2S4U as I thought your card was brilliant.

Lou
x

Carolina said...

Maria your card is adorable!!! You always come up with the best take on the sketches - love it!!!