Polka Dot Explosion...

... I warned you...hehe!! Happy Hip Hop Hangover everyone. I totally hung out WAY too long yesterday on the hip hop forum and I'm typing this post into the wee hours of the night because I'm up late working on the paper I was suppose to do, but I was hopping instead :)
Today's card is for my daughter to take to a birthday party today. Her friend is turning 8 and I hope she loves the blingy card. I don't do glitter very often and I only added it to this card because of the Unity challenge yesterday. It was a Take the Cake challenge and you were suppose to use frosting, I choose Silver Stickles. The present is the polka dots in the background and I used some of the wrapping paper on this card because..well...it's polka dots and their adorable. I did get a little carried away with the polka dots but my daughter loved them so I went with it.
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: May KOTM (unity)
Paper: Basic Black, White, Large Polka Dots (wrapping paper), Small Polka Dots (making memories), flower (my minds eye)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)
Accesories: Black Polka Dot Ribbon (the paper studio), Silver Brads, Oval Punch (su), Silver Stickles, Machine Stitching

18 comments:

Katy said...

love the polka dots! the card is so pretty!!

Judy Rozema said...

Aw, super cute! Love the dots and that flower!!

Carly said...

So simply elegant! Love the dots!

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Great little birthday!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love your card!

dougnat said...

your card is perfect! love how you used the "happy"

Sparkle said...

So pretty! I love the black and white.

BonnieRose said...

I am loving it... awesome!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love your polka dot card! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cool! Love the cut-out sentiment!

Jackie Pedro said...

Great card, Maria! LOVE all the polka dots!!

Dawn K. said...

love the polka dots and the glitter!!

Purple Princess said...

Gorgeous card!

Cheri Howard said...

Great card! I love the graphic look of it with just a bit of color from the flower - nice!

Rebekah Doak said...

It's great! An 8 year old will love this!

Rona said...

Very cute! Love the polka dots!!

Rona said...

Very cute! Love the polka dots!!

Jen said...

Maria, this card is gorgeous! Love the various backgrounds...luv it!