Showdown

There are so many fun challenges this month and I hope I have time to get to them all. Today I have a card for the 1st Annual 2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown, phew, that's a mouth full :) I first found the 2 sketches blog because I noticed that they were from Colorado (like me) and thought I would check them out. I LOVE Laura and Kazan's sketches, they leave so much room for interpretation! I don't know why I don't play more often, well yeah I do. I'm going back to school, dealing with kids home for the summer, sick kids and me sick too, there isn't always time to play :( Sad I know! I've been anxiously anticipating this challenge though as I'm sure so many of you have. Want to see my card? I'm super pumped about how this turned out. I love every inch of it and was kind of bummed when I was finished with it. I had a blast making it and I felt really creative doing it. I guess I needed some play time in my craft room, I've been missing that lately :)
Make sure you head on over to the {2S4U Blog} and check out all the details. There are MEGA prizes involved and it should be a challenge like no other!
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Practically Perfect (verve)
Paper: Kraft, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Polka Dots and Flowers (my minds eye), Text Print (target, maybe autumn leaves) It's a Girl Journaling Box (daily dose by my minds eye), Acetate (office depot)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accesories: Brown Gingham Ribbon (basic basic from Michaels), Circle Punch (cm), Safety Pin, Scallop Dot Punch (martha stewart), Button, Pink Embroidery Floss, Star Punch (su), Pearls

32 comments:

Anja (scrappie) said...

How cute is this, love it such a nice baby-card.

Carolina said...

Ahhh...so cute! I can see why you wouldn't want to finish it, but glad you did so you could share it with all of us!

leanne said...

I love your card Maria! All the details are perfect. I didn't know those fun girls were in colorado...

Basement Stamper said...

I couldn't compete with that card ;-) It is awesome, I love all the details of it and the colors are awesome!

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

This is so adorable!! It turned out perfect!! TFP!

toners said...

WOW! This is STUNNING!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is awesome, Maria!!! tfs!!

Sparkle said...

Very pretty! And I like the new blog layout!

Latisha said...

this is gorgeous!!! beautifully done

Kazan Clark said...

ooh I love that vintage stork tag - so fabulously in at the moment. Love your interpretation of Laura's sketch
:) Kazan & Laura

KimmyS said...

Absolutely darling! The recipient of this card will be over the moon.
Scrumptious
Thanks so much for taking part in the UCS

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

very cute card! love that block you used with the stork! Good luck!

Cindy said...

So cute! Love your card, Maria.

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

This card is so pretty!

LeAnne said...

Love this! I love the acetate star punchout! I have thought about doing that, but have I done it? NO! You've inspired me.....now if I can get off the computer and actually DO something! Hope you & kiddos are feeling better!
LeAnne

cheryln said...

what a perfectly fabulous card!! LOVE it sooooooooo much!!

Anonymous said...

Hello

That layout is awsome I LOVE! THE DSP so pertty.... hotwheels on scs

**Nancy** said...

Gorgeous card!!! One of my favorite papers!!

clouds shadler said...

cute baby card!

Clouds :D

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! What a beautiful baby card! I love that stork image and everything you mixed together!!

Made by Mandy said...

Many Congratulations for making it into the Top 30

Good Luck for the next round

Amy said...

This is fabulous!! Congrats on making the top 30!!

Sandra MacLean said...

This is so pretty Maria! Absolutely worth the wait wasn't it?! Congratulations on making the Top 30!

dannisdoodles said...

HUGE Congrats on making the top 30, this is absolutely a PRECIOUS baby card!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Whoo! Hoo! Back to say congrats on making the top 30!

cheryln said...

Just had to drop by again and say congrats on making the Top 30! I couldn't love your card more!!

~amy~ said...

what a fabulous vintage baby card! Congrats on making the Top 30!

Eva said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Congrats on making the top 30!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Congrats on making the top 30 and good luck for the next round.

Martha said...

Wow, beautiful card!! Congrats on making the top 30!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, I can see why this is a winner! Awesome design, Maria!

tomiannie said...

Such an adorable card!