Apron Inspiration

I don't actually ever wear aprons but if I did it would look like that one----->
Isn't it cute!! I love the colors, the cut but especially those ruffles. This apron is today's inspiration for the {Unity Challenge} of the day on Splitcoast. I was inspired by the fab colors but I couldn't get those ruffles out of my head, so here is my card:

I scalloped a few different prints of paper and stitched along all of them so I could flip them up like the ruffles on the dress (it's kind of hard to see in the photo). This card was super easy to put together since there was no stamping involved...well for me anyway :) My dear friend {Katie Cotton} stamped out a bunch of Unity images for me and shipped me a fabulous package of goodies. Make sure you check out her blog and her stamp company {Paper Makeup Stamps}. She was kind enough to mail me a few and I've made a few cards but you can't see the first one until next week's Mojo Monday :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Distressed Dots, Remember Happiness KOTM (unity)
Paper: Kraft, Summer Picnic, Blue Flowers, Red DP (su), Orange Stripes (my minds eye)
Ink: Rubby Red, Black, Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Red Gingham Ribbon (su), Button, Embroidery Floss, Scallop Edge Punch, Machine Stitching, Label Nesties

4 comments:

toners said...

Oh, sooooo cute!! Love those layers, Maria! I may have to try out that idea...

Katie Cotton said...

very very cute hun!

LeAnne said...

EEk, this is adorable! I know I haven't commented a lot lately but I have been loving all your creations!

Katie Cotton said...

um, i replied that i loved the card before i read... i didnt even realize you had used one of the images i sent! hahahaha. :) And arent you sweet to plug me. You're the bestest!