Coloring?!?

I guess I should have posted this one yesterday since it was the first challenge on the Unity Forum...lol. I just really loved the apron card that I forgot all about this one. The hot air balloon is another prestamped image from my friend Katie. Good thing she stamped it twice because I totally screwed up the first one. It's been awhile since I've played with my copics (in case you hadn't noticed, I'm addicted to paper piecing :). I think I need to quit ignoring my marker so much though because while I was coloring the first image I bled the colors together...A LOT!!!! This one still didn't turn out quite like I wanted but I was afraid to get to carried away with the ink because I didn't want to mess up both images. After I colored the balloon, I pulled out some old SU pattern packs to match the colors. The layers were easier than I thought they might be and I'm happy with the card, check it out!I think it's all the distressed edges that I love the most :) Well, I'm off to check if another challenge has been posted on SCS. It's been cooler here lately which just gets me itching to bury myself in my playroom. The kids have liked the change of pace too. I think they would play outside all day, everyday but it's nice when we can all slow down a bit, they are truly wiped out.
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Let's Hang Out Sentiment (Perfect in Everyway KOTM), Hot Air Balloon (not sure of it's name :) - UNITY
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Kraft, Real Read and Bashful Blue DP
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Close to Cocoa, Copics
Accesories: Bashful Blue Ribbon, Brads, Swirl Embossing Folder

3 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Stick a little bit of Pink Pirouette on that card, and it fits the Throwdown today! Very cute... LOVE that balloon!

Sparkle said...

Very pretty!

Katie Cotton said...

this is darling! I think you colored it magnificently!