What A Great Book!!

I have a very good excuse for not posting very much this week. Well a few actually, school...blah blah blah, housework...waa waa waa AND I FINALLY starting ready Twilight. Okay...I'll give you a minute to digest the shock that this statement must have caused all you Edward fans. I wanted to read it when all the mania started but for whatever reason didn't get around to it. Well once I finally picked it up I couldn't put it down. Once I finished it I had to go rent the movie, so Edward and I had our first date last night {swoon}. {WARNING: another shocking statement} I didn't really see what all the fuss was about over this guy, I didn't think he was all the cute. After ready the book I suddenly want to wallpaper my bedroom in his photos. While I really enjoyed the movie for the obvious eye candy reason, the book was SOOOOO much better. But, okay back to the reason you're here, my card, right?!?!
I made this for a Unity Challenge on Splitcoast and barely squeezed it in on time. I almost forgot I wanted to do a Hip Hop Hangover card so this came together very quickly last night. I think I may need to start procrastinating more often, this card was super quick and I didn't second guess myself near as much as I usually do. (Of course I am totally lying about becoming a procrastinator, it just ain't me :)
Make sure you pop on over to the {UNITY BLOG} to check out all the other Hangover posts!!
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: June KOTM (unity)
Paper: Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, Floral Print (my minds eye), Yellow Gingham (the paper studio)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Buttons, Brads, Label Nestablilities, Stitching, Decorative Edge Scissors

23 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

love this card! It's just fantastic! I havent read twilight yet or seen the movie! :)

BonnieRose said...

Beautiful card! gorgeous!

Katy said...

that card is great! Especially for being super quick! I haven't read and watched Twilight yet either...I'll get there eventually!

Rebekah Doak said...

Love the layering on your card. I must comment about Twilight...I finally convinced my SIL to read the series while she's on maternity leave. She told me she can't put it down, and even reads while she's feeding the baby! LOL!

Jen said...

Maria, luv all the elements on this card...beautiful! P.S. I haven't read Twilight or seen the movie or anything either!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love your card, Maria!!! tfs!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

GLG!!! Fabulous card, Maria! (Don't worry... I have YET to understand what the Twilight fuss if about! I tried to read the book and couldn't stand it!)

Diane (djuseless) said...

I love the colors you used on your card! I loved the Twilight movie and the books are next on my list to read once I am done the one I am reading now!

Rachel said...

Nice job. I love the monochromatic.

Purple Princess said...

Love the colors you used! Fabulous card!!

Lori said...

Very nice card! Thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

Great card...love the bright colors you used, too!

Sparkle said...

What a gorgeous card! I still haven't seen the movie...but did read all the books.

Teresa said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors!!!

Ari Vega-Macias said...

beautiful card and colors.

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Lovely card!

Ryann said...

Lovely card. I really like the color combo.

Bogner's said...

Okay, the card first, love how you used brads in the center of the flowers! I never even thought about that with THIS image! Love your creativity! Second, EDWARD! I so wasn't into any of it until a few months ago when I started reading twilight (just before the movie came out). After reading one, I couldn't stop and ended up reading like all four in the matter of about 2 weeks! Then watched the movie and was disappointed until I watched it the 5th time! Did you know if you go to the authors website, she has an unpublished twilight version that is in Edward's point of view? It isn't finished, and won't be, but is worth checkin out! I fell into the after crazy and couldn't climb out!

JazzyH said...

Love the card. Great stitching.

Gwen said...

LOVE the card, this is going into my "great ideas" favorite category for sure!!

Suz said...

Another beautiful card Maria. Hope you have a wonderful weekend - thanks for the inspiration

Judy Rozema said...

Fantastic work! Love the colors! Have a good weekend!

Angie's Scrappin Spot said...

beautiful, love it.