A Different Color Combo

I won this {Teresa Collins card kit} for being a Top 30 finalist in the 2 Sketches 4 You showdown and it's been laying on my craft desk for a long time now. I really didn't know what to do with it other than assemble it the way it's suppose to be. I was cutting into some Sassafras Lass paper and noticed (by accident) that it looked pretty good with the gold paper...so I went with it!! I have no idea what made me decide blue was a good accent color but I really like it with the red. I can't decide if this is a good birthday card...it makes me think of the 4th of July...lol!
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Paper: Bashful Blue (su), Family Matters Card Kit (teresa collins), Red Polka Dot (sassafras lass)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (su)
Accesories: Celebration Transfers (melissa frances), Chipboard Star (su), Button, Embroidery Floss, Machine Stitching, Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon (su), Star Punch (su)

6 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

i just love this!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute! The colors are great!

Sparkle said...

What a goregous card! I love how the star stands out.

Jenny said...

Wonderful card Maria. I love that star you added!!!

LuLu said...

Fab card . . very striking. Love the sentiment & it would definitely make a good birthday card.

Lou
x

rubberstampinzone said...

This is cute, cute, and more cute! Love your sense of style.