I've Got Flair

Happy Friday everyone!!! This is my first Friends with Flair and I'm super excited to get to play along this week. Sorry I've been a little M.I.A. this week. I've been fighting a cold and working on my new online class World Civilizations...ughhhhhh. I really tried to keep an open mind about this class even though I loathe history but it's no use...this class is just boring. And the teacher is having us write three papers for this class!!!!! We've also been getting things together for a yard sale on Saturday. My craft time this week has been no exisistant but luckily I had this little Unity card made and just hadn't found time to post it. I hadn't posted it because I kept thinking I would find a place for a sentiment somewhere and then it would be done but I can't decide where I would put one so here it is. I love the paper pieced images :) The school is popped up with dimensionals but the photo didn't really catch it. I think I'll give it to my daughter's teacher at Christmas...does it need a sentiment??
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Following My Heart KOTM (unity)
Paper: Kraft, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, Polka Dots (my minds eye), Ledger Paper (the paper studio)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Brown Polka Dot Ribbon, Button, Embroidery Floss, Brads, Rectangle Nesties

26 comments:

Randi said...

Stunning card!! I love the DPs you used. And, that polka dot ribbon looks incredible!

Angie's Scrappin Spot said...

Freakin Amazing... I love how you coloured the trees..you are so creative!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! Fabulous job! :)

JazzyH said...

Very cute!

Rona said...

Love the paper piecing - I am always intimidated with a large pattern like that but this is adorable. I think if you put a message inside you wouldn't need a sentiment on the outside. It's cute just as it is.

Lisa H. said...

what a fantastic card. love it! the paper choices are excellent! no sentiment needed, but if you changed your mind you could always add it with a little tag hanging from the ribbon.

Martha said...

beautiful card!

Jacqueline said...

Very beautiful!! Wonderful card!!

Gwen said...

Love this card and how you used a large polka dot and made it work! You could maybe put a small sentiment sideways on the grid but it certainly doesn't HAVE to have one. Beautiful just the way it is, too!

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card! I love that school house.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very Cute!!!

Robynccgirl said...

Great card! Perfect for a teacher! I don't think a sentiment is needed but couldn't hurt!

Karen said...

Very cute card. I like how you keep the circle theme with your stamped image. GREAT JOB!

Uma said...

great card

Monika in VA said...

Hope you are feeling better ~ and good luck with those 3 papers (why I am so glad I'm out of college & not gonna go back...)

Your card is wonderful ~ I think your daughter's teacher will love it! If you have to add a sentiment I think a little tag hanging from the button would be cute!

Donna said...

This is ...WOW...I love it!! Beautiful work Maria!! Xx

JPScraps said...

Sooo cute!

Dawn K. said...

lovethe ribbon and colors

Jen said...

Maria, wonderful card...and no, you don't need a sentiment! It's fantastic and the schoolhouse says it all!

Katy said...

PERFECT just the way it is!! Love the ribbon and the cute cute paper piecing!!

ANAT S said...

wow
love love love love this
perfect card!!!

Kelly Landers said...

No sentiment needed! It's perfect!!

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Love the DP. Great card!

Purple Princess said...

super cute card!

Pamela said...

This is awesome! I love it!

Jenny said...

I love what you did with the stamped image! Hope you are feeling better soon!