A Long Weekend

I'm so in need of this long weekend. I feel like mt head is still spinning from August and I don't feel like I ever quite got my feet underneath me. I got to sleep in a little this morning and am sipping my coffee while I type this. New Unity goodies are in the house and it's foggy here. Sounds like a perfect day to hunker down in my craft room!! To bad we have plans :( We are going to my parents house today just to hang out and my Mom is cooking a big mexican food dinner. My husband always jokes he married me for my cooking :) I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned here that he switched jobs. He now works about 6 hours away and is gone for two weeks at a time....blah!! But then he gets to be home for two weeks and the kids love that!! He just got home on Wednesday so Mom wants to cook him (and my brother in law, they work together) a big meal. Maybe I'll get to craft tomorrow?!? I really love today's card. The colors all really pop and I'm really loving the new Coredinations pack's I bought at the Stamp Expo. The cardboard is another cup cozy from Starbucks and I love the texture. Maybe I'll have to pick up a coffee today for crafting tomorrow :)
Have a great weekend everyone and a great LONG weekend for everyone here in the states :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Clear Mini Love Background (stampendous)
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red (Stampin Up), Roy G Biv Mat Pack (Coredinations)
Ink: Real Red (Stampin Up), Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accesories: Red Gingham Ribbon (basic basic), Black Button, Red Embroidery Floss, Chipboard Hearts, Cardboard, 1 3/4 Circle Punch, Machine Stitching, Thickers, Sanding Block (tim holtz), Decorative Edge Scissors (provo craft)

4 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card! Save me some of that Mexican foo! Sounds so good! :)

Dani said...

Super cute card! Love it! And I'm glad your DH is home for a bit. It's SO hard when they're gone!

Pop over to my blog when you get a sec! *wink*

toners said...

Maria, this is GREAT! I'm finally catching up on my favorite blogs :) I hope that you and your family are all well and that you enjoy the long weekend!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that cardboard embellishment is COOL! And of course... GLG! Hope you had a great, relaxing weekend!