WOW, Have I Been Busy

Sorry for my unannounced disappering act. I fully intended to have this weeks {Mojo Monday} card and I have no idea how it is already Friday. The World Civilizations class I'm taking is demanding so much of my time and I'm also babysitting a 3 month old AND a 5 month old during the day. On top of my own three kids my hands have been really full. Then my husband had to leave on Tuesday for work and will be gone for two weeks. Phew, I'm exhausted just talking about it. So anyway, how's about a card???I used my new goodies for this one. I won my friend {Dani's} Birthday Blog Candy and she sent me lots of yummy Basic Grey paper so I had to cut into it right away. Thanks Dani!!! The flower is a rub-on from {E.A.D Designs}. I won a $50 gift certificate a few weeks back from {2S4U} and finally got a chance to get them on paper. I also ordered a big one for an old door that I've been holding onto. I love the way it turned out and it's now in my living room. Want to see?? Of course you do :)
My hubby thought I was crazy when I told him what I was going to do but he love's it. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it too!! Here's a close up.
I've had another project keeping me busy too. My husband knows how much I love old, worn, unique pieces and he found this cupboard for free on someone's curb. We forgot to take before photos (it was in REALLY bad shape) but here is the after pic anyway.
My hubby had to rebuild one side for me and then I painted it and distressed it. Distressing is such good therapy :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and I will be back on Monday with my Mojo card...PROMISE ;)
Recipe:
Stamps: Thanks (Verve), Swirl (Denami Designs)
Paper: Basic Grey
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Burnt Umber (Palette from Unity)
Accesories: Black Gingham Brad, Flower Rub-on (EAD Designs)

12 comments:

Stephanie Hargis said...

OH MY WORD! I LOVE YOUR FURNITURE! Haha! That door is absolutely fabulous and your TV stand is just GORGEOUS! I love it, love it, love it! :D

Your card is also fabulous! I love the simple feel of it!

((hugs))

leanne said...

You have been busy! I hope you are enjoying all the little ones:) I manage to stay pretty busy with one baby! I love your card, and that door is awesome. Fun projects.

Sparkle said...

Wow, lady, you amaze me! Your card is darling and what a great idea to use the rubon on patterned paper!

Emily said...

LURVE IT!!!
These turned out so cute! The door looks awesome.
Thanks for sharing your projects with us.

Carolina said...

Wow! You have been busy!!! So glad to see one of our lovely creations...and that door - WOW!!! Love it!

Lindsay Spencer said...

I LOVE IT!! I love old worn pieces of furniture or anything. I'm excited to start following your blog, you have GREAT things.

TxScrapAddict said...

Great projects!!

Katie Cotton said...

This is so awesomely cool!!!!!! I'm really astounding by it! I love it!

Jenn said...

That door is awesome!!! :D

Dani said...

Very cool door! Glad you're having fun playing with the new papers!

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUTE card, Maria and that door is awesome!

lynn said...

oh, my, maria--i just found this door--i so love this-i drag old chippy stuff home all of the time!