H{ippity} Hop

Look at this doozy of a {Mojo Monday} sketch from {Sarah Bigelow}! That diamond shape in the middle just plain scares me!! I stress and fret over angles like this for entirely too long!!
This week's H{ippity} Hop card was no exception. I messed with that panel over and over, and it didn't help that I wanted to make the sentiment from {Moon Beam & Heart Strings} fit so I had to move it up. I really like the way the card ended up but it sure would have solved a whole lot of problems for me if that panel had just been a square....hehe!!I didn't have a chance to make a card for this week's H{ippity} Hop Challenge. With my hubby back home and a birthday party over the weekend, I didn't get any craft time :( Eryn gave us the challenge this week of making a card using any of the sketches on SCS. It should be fun to see which sketch everyone picks!! Hopefully, I'll get a chance to play along this week!

28 comments:

Lisa H. said...

you did this sketch beautifully! but I know what you mean, I'm so much more in favor of soft, rounded corners-that diamond just seems so sharp! LOVE what you did today, it's really cute!

BonnieRose said...

you card is beautiful just the way it is!

Heather said...

Wow, just such an adorable card! Great use of colors and details! LOVE that cloud!

jpmayo said...

Beautiful card Maria!!! (the diamond scared me too but you've given me hope, lol!)

Stephanie said...

Love your card Maria! It's perfect! Odd shapes scare me too but I really love how your card turned out! Beautiful!

Elisabeth said...

OMgosh this is just too adorable Maria!!!

Renee' Dezember said...

Maria this is PERFECT! I might have to give this challenge a try :)

Susan said...

Maria, what an adorable card! Your card came out lovely!

Kelly Landers said...

Girl, what were you fretting over? This is amazing!! Did you really doubt yourself? I haven't a MM sketch you haven't knocked out of the park ever!! It's so cute!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful as always Maria!!!

Sheryl K said...

This card is soooo cute!! Love it!! I think you did a fab job on the sketch!!!!!!

Sue said...

You silly girl, you obviously fretted for nothing because your card is beautiful!

Robynccgirl said...

Beautiful Maria! Love how you used this set!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous, Maria. No need to stress, your cards always turn out so cute!

Jenny said...

I think you did a perfect job with the panel!!! Love what you did with the clouds!

Andrea said...

I love the cloud with the patterned paper!

Jen said...

Maria, I love how you used that gingham green paper and those clouds...this card is fabulous! You add such wonderful touches like the stitching...amazing inspiration!

lynn said...

this diamond would have scared me, maria--but look at your card!-its so sweet and cheerful!

p.s. thanks for the sunday fav post-very sweet!

Rose said...

Oh my!! I just love this sweet, soft card. Beautiful!

Brooke said...

this turned out really sweet, Maria!

Eryn Hagen said...

oh Maria you are so cute...this turned out PERFECTLY! :)

Angie Blom said...

oh very cute.. love the design.

JenMarie said...

TOTAL CUTEness!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Fabulous! Love every little bit!

lisa a.

Yvette said...

This card is perfect! I love how you used the sketch and the perfect pp's to coordinate!

jennifer mitten said...

Great card!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is super sweet, Maria! Love it!