Happy Spring H{ippity} Hop

Hello all!! Sorry I didn't have very many blog posts last week. I feel really out of touch with the craft world these days. My google reader is so overloaded it's crazy.
I'm currently taking a World Politics class and this teacher pretty much told us on the first day of class that it's almost impossible to get an A. I hate teachers like that....all it did was fire me up!!! I dove in head first and have been studying overtime to get an A. So far, so good, but I don't have near the time in my craft room I would like. Luckily I only have two weeks left :)
I did manage to make this weeks H{ippity} Hop Challenge card which was a good thing since I'm the hostess :)
I challenged everyone to make a spring or easter theme card, I used {Sweet Thoughts of Spring} for my card:
I picked up some MORE of my favorite gingham ribbon in five new colors at Hobby Lobby last week, one of them was this yellow. It went perfect with this new paper from Crate Paper. I used this weeks {Mojo Monday Sketch} for today's card. I decided on the square version since round just doesn't seem to work for me :)

28 comments:

leanne said...

Cute card! I love the little chick and the yellow ribbon. Good luck in that class, it sounds interesting. Two weeks until that A:)

BonnieRose said...

oh so cute! Love those yellow flowers, I hv a pail of those too.. gets yours fr the wedding section at Michaels? that's where I found mine.. Your card is great Maria!

Heather said...

Such a super happy spring card! LOVE your details and use of layout! Such funness!

Kelly Landers said...

Maria this is so cute!! I am so sorry to hear that you are so busy with your class... but I know you can show that teacher up and get the A you so deserve!! Keep up the good work!! Hugs!!

Michele Gross said...

Sooooo cute! I love the little chick:) Don't you just hate teachers with such low self esteem regarding their teaching abilities that they don't think its possible to teach their course material at a level in which their students will be able to learn it well enough to achieve a high grade? that's really what it comes down to ;) I had one of those in college too. Shakespeare class.

Diane Jaquay said...

Soooo SWEET and ADORABLE, I LOVE this card!!!

Sheryl said...

Such a fun spring card..love the bright colors!!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Great combination of colours and patterns!

Maria Levine said...

Fabulous card! Love all the colors and the stitching. Nice job. Good luck in your class.

Stephanie Zito said...

So sweet Maria! Love this week's Mojo sketches! Have a great week!

Robynccgirl said...

Great card Maria! Ugh! School? NO thanks! Good luck and I know you will get that A if you really want it! Keep us posted!

Rona said...

cute cute cute

lynn said...

too sweet, maria! i might try a round card this week!

Susan Bouchard said...

Cute card Maria! Love the bright colors.

Sparkle said...

Very cute!

Lisa H. said...

soooo cute and just fabulous work with the sketch! love your card, but think I might give the round one a go! LOVE it! have a great week, girlie!

Gardner's Basket said...

Maria, I love all the layers of this card. Very pretty.

Scraperwannabe said...

too cute. Makes me so hungry for spring weather.

Scraperwannabe said...

too cute. Makes me so hungry for spring weather.

JenMarie said...

So cute and super Spring-y!

dahlhousedesigns said...

very cute card! love it.

lisa a.

Eva said...

Ohhh..Maria, this is just sooo happy and springy....love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love this spring card--and the yellow stitching is just the right touch! LOVE this card:) TFS!

Becky Carafa said...

So sweet, love the colors!

Marie B. said...

Hi Maria! I love this card! What a cute chick! And I'm glad to see you are keeping up your stock of gingham ribbon... :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

What a sweet card and I love the sketch!!!

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Cute chic!

Tami said...

LOVE all the bright colors!